Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
5Point7Liter said:
Do you think that GM will make a spoiler an option on the C6? I think it would be a good idea, well, as long as its a low profile style! What do you all think?
I just don't think they would do it. Maybe a little "lip" in the rear, something subtle. :cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree. I like the clean look the Corvette has had all these generations without a spoiler. Some people may want a spoiler on their C6, and that's what after-market parts are for.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
Spoiler need to stay on ricers.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Spoiler need to stay on ricers.
What about the C5-R ? Or road racing cars?

I think functionality is the key of any body mod. Most Vette guys avoid stuff that is just for show.

:nuts:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
As far as functionality, they're great on the C5-R, but at what speed. Most Vette owners don't drive at 150 mph +. At least not very often. I've seen it once and that was enough. If It was on a closed course I'd probably do it more often and then I might consider one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I doubt they will do a spoiler. They used to offer them as OEM on c4s. My 90 convertible had one. On a convertible C4 they look good because they put a little flare in flat trunk area. But I have seen C5's with a similar aftermarket piece and it really doesn't do anything for that car.

They were an enhancement to a C4 convertible but not to nay of the C5's.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the only option I would like to see is a premium sound system simmilar to the one the you could get on a C4. It doesnt need to be a huge bass thumper but I would like a head unit that is exlusive to vettes with satellite and Multichannel DD/DTS as well as MP-3 palyback capability.

I am sure it will get the DVD/NAV and will probably inheret a few other cadilac options.

I have a feeling hud will be standard equipment. But until january we will never know :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry im just trying something out.... dont mind me

·
Registered
113 Posts
One of the car mags had a letter FROM the editor a few years back talking about wings/spoilers. Specifically, the topic was about how you see all the modern car manufacturers adding factory spoilers to their sporty cars and even not-so-sporty cars. The editor debunked the whole idea that they were actually functional on these specific cars.

He continued, talking about how they put them there for looks because the general population thinks they actually help the car handle better at higher speeds.

The editor even went old-school back to the roots with the Road Runner. He said the race version of the car actually had a funtional wing, but when the production version was released, the engineers increased the wing height so that the trunk door could clear it when fully opened. In the process, this negated any benefit and made it purely for looks.

In closing his letter, he sited two examples of current real sports cars that don't even need spoilers to reach stable speeds above 170 mph. The 2nd example was a Ferrari. The first example was the C5 Coupe. :partyon:

For the production C6, I hope they do not add a standard non-lip type spoiler (i.e. wing). Even If it they could say it's really functional when you hit speeds above 170 mph, I consider this for appearance only, unless the car is really being raced at those speeds which the majority sold would not be.

To me, the Vettes have always looked clean without a wing.

My 2 cents. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
662 Posts
psycojet said:
I doubt they will do a spoiler. They used to offer them as OEM on c4s. My 90 convertible had one...They were an enhancement to a C4 convertible but not to nay of the C5's.;)
Really? What was the RPO number of this OEM spoiler for a 1990 convertible or for any year C4?

Ray

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I like spoilers, so I would'nt mind seeing a nice low profile one. My buddy has a 2000 yellow convertible with a nice low profile wing and it looks great. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts