Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I finally sprung for the frame savers and frame rails to protect my lowered car. (The pic posted is older ) These are easy to install, jacking up the car is the hardest part. The wheels have bright coated hardware that I painted black for stealth. I'd hoped that they'd be invisable and unless you are looking for them they are. The rails go in next to the body and are aluminum so they aren't heavy...........both with packaging weighed 7 pounds. You get a special break buying them as a combo. While the car's spoiler whisker still touches, I suspect the super low swails for drainage scrapes are over.....as this sets below the bumper scrape bars. The frame rails will hit 1/4 inch sooner than the bottom used to. This is because that's the body rocker area in peril now is protected by this thick side mounted aluminum. I did this once and luckily didnt do damage! They say that the frame saver wheel brackets in front should be welded, so here's the excuse that I need to buy that mig welder!! :cool:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts