Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
If you are going to run a big tire, you should really run one that would hook in my opinion.

But to each his own.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The wheels are tucked in too much, they should come out to the finder lip. If I were to go to this extreme I would have made it happen. Even if it were symmetrical I don't care for the 4x4 effect in the rear. :lookinup:

:cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
567 Posts
:WTF

Those wheels look ridiculous... But I KINDA get what he's going after, although he is just as ridiculously wrong with his answer.

I would like to see what's under the hood, because if he is trying to set it up for drag racing and pushing insane power, those tires will NEVER hook.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Not to my taste but I get what he is going for.

I collect this cars because I think they are fun, but don't think I would want to drive one. To each his own, though. :thumbsup:

I think those wheels are the same as mine. Just a LOT bigger.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'm surprised at the comments, tell me you wouldn't want to check this car out once it's done if you ever seen it on the streets. I give the guy or gal credit for being different, and having the dream of building something he or she feels will be very cool.

The ideal of being a true hot rodder is being different and thinking outside the box. This is something that most of us here do.

For the record, I think its a cool project, I would like to follow this build. Do you have a link for it Richard?

Terry

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The wheels are tucked in too much, they should come out to the finder lip. If I were to go to this extreme I would have made it happen. Even if it were symmetrical I don't care for the 4x4 effect in the rear. :lookinup:

:cheers:
Mark
With that height of tire, he couldn't bring it out. There would not be enough space for travel. What I would have done is flared the body higher at the top of the fender (think wide body) and kept a stock lip. This would have gained more travel and allowed the wheel to fill the fender.

I would not build this, but I like his attitude. I give him/her hot rod credit. Hopefully it will have the engine to match the attitude.

·
Registered
237 Posts
looking well done, and I like his other projects in the background also. Too much rim to tire for me, but I also love the fat meat look from the back. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
...so is this the same one...:huh:

That's its younger brother. :laughing:

I did not mean to come off as making fun of the project if I did. Like I said it is not for me, but I always appreciate how much work goes into doing something that has not been done before, and of the owner likes it then I am happy for him.
I know there are those that don't appreciate what I have done to my car but I don't really care, and I certainly don't want to hear about it.
So.... I "liked" the Facebook page so I can see how it turns out. Lots of work ahead of them.....

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There are a few Vettes I dig that have fat tires!:D

:cheers: Mark

1 - 20 of 20 Posts