Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
It kinda has that "I took my Z06 to the ricer shop and ordered every part JC Whitney sells" look to it.

:thud:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I like that if you dont call it the corvette, gm could use it as another platform, like ford has the gt its all the cobra stuff crammed in another car. It does look more like one of those 60s rebodies of a c6.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Not very suave or creative

It's has too much of a retro look out Back

It's time to move-on

Bon

·
Registered
133 Posts
It kinda has that "I took my Z06 to the ricer shop and ordered every part JC Whitney sells" look to it.

:thud:
This.

Whatever the C7 will be GM is at least smart enough not to do a retro car. The Camaro is barely retro it's self only really have the classic shape of the first gen camaro. Side by side they really don't look a lot alike.

Anyways... This looks like someone poorly photoshopped a Z06.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Too much retro. I'd like the C7 to dip into styling queues of the past... not replicate them.
Speaking of, I really liked the targa roof from '68-'76. Just about every high-end auto maker has emulated it over the years, but it still makes me think "Corvette." I know the vertical glass on the back isn't the most aero-efficient design, but it just looks cool. That's one look that would work well with a coupe, along with operable rear glass. You pop off the roof panel, lower the rear window, and have something more like a convertible than any other coupe could achieve. It would have the added benefit of completely isolating the trunk (and related noise) from the cabin.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I really hate being the only one who likes it but :WTF...

Owning a C3 that style looks good to me. All of you

who have newer Vettes already have that look....

I really think it is time for the mighty pens at GM to

come up with a really radical new design along the

older lines. New stuff but still saying Vette.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah no kidding its not the greatest looking concept, just stumbled upon it and thought I would post it....I do like the rear window though :D....

·
Registered
433 Posts
I never have understood the SIX tail lights. The four look great. As for the rest of the car, it's not horrible but I wouldn't drive it, and most certainly not as a C7. I'm so done with the retro look.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I don't think it's too bad however..... it would be better to move forward than keep going back (as in retro.)

I mean really, look at the newer Mustangs... they are looking really dated AGAIN.:laughing:

·
Registered
165 Posts
i think the jc whitney comment is a bit over the top.
sure it has some retro, but it also has some very cool lines.
I never have liked multiple tiny lights on the rear. the current large round are my faves.. Round rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts