Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my ACI Splitter back from Pat @ American Hydro Carbon and another fine job. I realize that there is a real Carbon Fiber splitter now available called the Vortex and it is n ACI knockoff, but I already had the ACI and I did not want to invest in another splitter when I knew Pat would do this one.
So here are a few pictures of it. I will take a few more shots later today or tomorrow as I cannot get the car out of the garage because a tree service is taking down a 30 year old Oak tree in my yard.

PS, the car is up on jack stands not setup for off roading!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I know it's bit old thread, but do you have any picture of it on the car?
Do you notice downforce increase with this? - maybe not on the normal driving but probably on the track...?
Do you have rear spoiler as well?

How much did it cost you?

Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the splitter from West Coast Corvette's and it was shipped directly from ACI the manufacturer. I forgot the cost but I believe it was around $400.00. Then Pat picked it up and did his thing. You will need to contact him directly for a price.
Here are a few pictures of the splitter and rear spoiler.

i ordered the spoiler from RPI Design and it comes painted to match. If you want it plain it is an SLP.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Man that looks real good. Theres absolutly no way i can run one. I would destroy it as my car is slammed!

Requarding the question above, i would doubt just a bolt on splitter would be able to add any real down force, would probably just strip the bolts and rip the splitter off. Unless one used heavy duty bolts and a metal support bar running the length of the splitter. Someone makes a splitter that is built in to the nose, the whole nose is one piece with splitter.

Looks good bro

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea of the downforce with this splitter, but ACI did a great job of designing the attachment. They supplied all of the bolts (15 total) and some heavy metal bars that are installed inside the lower section of the front bumper cover.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Do you notice downforce increase with this?
Generally, most street front splitters to not make downforce, they reduce lift by reducing the under car air pressure and redirect air over the hood which depending on the vehicle design may translate to additional downforce.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
That thing would survive about 1 trip up my driveway. Looks sweet though. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts