Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate to beat a dead horse on this, but I've rethought my headers situation and narrowed it down to LG's, my only problem now is deciding which system to get. Through much searching I have found surprisingly litte. Obviously, I'm looking to get the cheaper set (Street Series) unless there is a worthwhile power difference to be had.

So what's your opinion? And what else should I get at the same time to make the install easy, and/or make my 99 FRC a better car in general.

:thumbsup: Thanks alot fellas

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I was set on some LGs as well. I was going to go with the "Street Series". They look good and are pretty darn good headers. The only question that comes up is "What else do you plan to do to your Vette in the future?" If you plan on a cam or heads or both then the Pro series is what you want. If not then the street series will do fine.

Do you have a catback on? If not it might be a good time to do full exhaust. Not sure what it would take to get the stock ones off.

First though, you need to tell us what your goals are with this car? What do you want out of it? What do you have planned for it? Those answers will help us give you the best answer.

Josh

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main problem with my decision of which headers to get, are that my possible plans directly contradict each other :laughing: .

My short-term goal is a stock-cube, stock bottom-end, cam and heads car, hopefully reach 420 or a little greater to the wheels; I know that I am going this way with the project for at least the next year or two.

After that, I'm not sure where I'm going with the project-either APS Twin Turbo Kit, or High Compression 408. I just have to decide if it's worth it to spend the extra ~600 for the headers now and take the chance that the money will be lost later on if I go turbo.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And BTW, I already have B&B Bullets and a K&N intake kit.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Personally I'd go with the Pro's and spend the extra $500 for them. I was in the same sit. and opted to go for the Pros. If you are going cams and heads do the pros. The 5hp you gain now will just increase with the increase of power you put on. The only thing to thing about is the Turbo package. 2 years from now is like almost $20/mo for the difference. If you go 408 the headers will still be good. Either way they both should mount right up to the B&B Bullets you got.

How do you like those? I think mine are awesome

Josh

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'Preciate the advice.

I absolutely LOVE the Bullets, IMO it's the way it should have sounded from the factory, it's just the muscular tone that I love to hear from a v8 car.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
No Problem, and yeah I'm was disappointed on how 405hp sounded like and had to change that.

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Get the LG pro's

Josh, if your online here then the Vette is not getting done. Now get out of here and get that Vette done :laughing:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Get the LG pro's

Josh, if your online here then the Vette is not getting done. Now get out of here and get that Vette done :laughing:
Haha, yeah, I have to work, which sucks. But I'm on here, so it's OK. I have to get my dad's truck home on the way home tonight then it's back on schedule. I should have my tune Wednesday of next week lined up as well.

Josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts