Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Webmaster....you have done an outstanding job on this site. Congratulations!

The Quad C rep for our club sent out your website address for your site just yesterday. Glad he did! Looking forward to exchanging lots of interesting Corvette. information.:cool:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike. Please post some pics in the "Corvette Photo Gallery" (second button from the left on the top menu).

Mike said:
Hello everyone! Webmaster....you have done an outstanding job on this site. Congratulations!

The Quad C rep for our club sent out your website address for your site just yesterday. Glad he did! Looking forward to exchanging lots of interesting Corvette. information.:cool:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mike said:
Thanks. Actually I was wonder how to post photos. I'll do that asap
Mike,

Welcome to the forum from another Canuk!!!

To post a photo, click on the "Corvette Photo Gallery" link at the top of the page. Then click on the "Upload Photo" link at the top right of the page. Follow the online instructions from there and you'll be posting like a pro in no time.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Welcome Mike! Thanks for the compliment!

The site is coming along great, and we have a lot of SURPRISES in store ....

I see you uploaded some pictures already! I few minutes ago I added "upload photos" to the top menu, that'll make it easier for folks.

Let us know if we can help in any way... after 30 posts you lose the "I'm a newbie" title.

~Patrick96LT4

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
64vette said:
Mike,

Welcome to the forum from another Canuk!!!

To post a photo, click on the "Corvette Photo Gallery" link at the top of the page. Then click on the "Upload Photo" link at the top right of the page. Follow the online instructions from there and you'll be posting like a pro in no time.
:p

I just posted a couple of photos this morning...one, "At the Beach" was taken at Wasage Beach last fall. I just joined the Wasaga Beach Corvette Club this month. Looking forward to lots of action around the beach this summer. Have you ever been to the Wasaga Beach Corvette Cruise Weekend?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Mike said:
:p

I just posted a couple of photos this morning...one, "At the Beach" was taken at Wasage Beach last fall. I just joined the Wasaga Beach Corvette Club this month. Looking forward to lots of action around the beach this summer. Have you ever been to the Wasaga Beach Corvette Cruise Weekend?
I saw your "at the beach" picture. Some nice roads up there?

Patrick

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! If you would like to know more about Corvette cruizin' in our area, you can check out our club's website.

http://wasagabeachcorvetteclub.com

Now....a techy question for y'all. My plastic rear window is "fogged" over. Does anyone have a suggestion for polishing or cleaning that will help to clear it up?

I dont want to replace it unless its absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any ideas.:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mike said:
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! If you would like to know more about Corvette cruizin' in our area, you can check out our club's website.

http://wasagabeachcorvetteclub.com

Now....a techy question for y'all. My plastic rear window is "fogged" over. Does anyone have a suggestion for polishing or cleaning that will help to clear it up?

I dont want to replace it unless its absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any ideas.:)
I have used a couple of products from Meguiar's that work very well on the plastic rear window on the '64.

Here's a link to the product
http://www.properautocare.com/meg1708.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
64vette said:
I have used a couple of products from Meguiar's that work very well on the plastic rear window on the '64.

Here's a link to the product
http://www.properautocare.com/meg1708.html

Thanks 64vette. I just went to the website. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I never even thought to check Meguiar's on the internet. I'll pick some up and when it gets warmer, I'll try it out and let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mike said:
Thanks 64vette. I just went to the website. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I never even thought to check Meguiar's on the internet. I'll pick some up and when it gets warmer, I'll try it out and let you know how I make out.
Mike,

I have used this on the plastic rear window of my convertible top with good results.
Also, a few years back, one of my friends had a mid-year with a hardtop. The back window (plexiglass) was very hard to see though due to numerous fine scratches. He polished it with the Meguiar's stuff several times over about a week and the window was perfectly clear when he was done. If there are a lot of scratches it may take a few applications, but the stuff definitely works!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
64vette said:
Mike,

I have used this on the plastic rear window of my convertible top with good results.
Also, a few years back, one of my friends had a mid-year with a hardtop. The back window (plexiglass) was very hard to see though due to numerous fine scratches. He polished it with the Meguiar's stuff several times over about a week and the window was perfectly clear when he was done. If there are a lot of scratches it may take a few applications, but the stuff definitely works!!!
Thanks Brian. I hope it does the trick. The 93 rear window is plastic and is somehow fused to the top fabric, not stitched, so I dont know if a top shop could replace it to original appearance or whether the entire top would need replacing. The Meguires stuff could save me alot of $$$!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts