Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today im rolling down king street at 5am on the way back from picking up charsiu bao for breakfast downtown, just rumpity-rumping along at 20-25mph. ( the motor finally clears out around 30mph, hah hah...)

when suddenly out of nowhere, a 4 door honda something or other thats approximately 2.2 inches off the ground at best with a giant fart-can muffler buzzes past and beep beeps me, then slows down, then revs his motor, then takes off....

2 blocks later i roll up to him at a red light. a quick check in all directions, and i dont see any cops around.

oh, girlfriend--it is SO on....

he purges his nitrous system for 2-3 seconds, and i think "uh-oh, i might be getting suckered here--oh well, if i go down, im going down swinging!"

i put lefty on the brake, righty on the gas, load it to 1500rpm, and watch the crossing light with my hand on the 1st stick...the honda is revving his motor to what sounds like weed eater levels...

*GREEN* !!! the honda driver dumps the clutch and spins the hell outta the wrong wheels, ( it is wrong wheel drive...) and i step off the brake and slowly roll in maybe half throttle. when i pull the stick for 2nd @ only 4500rpm, i got 6-7 lengths on him. when i pull the stick for 3rd at 4000rpm, i got 12-15 lengths and im walking...( the shift light is set to come on @ 5800rpm, so i had a lot left. )

i let off the throttle at 3000rpm in 3rd and coast back down to normal speeds, and a few seconds later...

he goes flying by at WFO, beeping his horn furiously and swerving into my lane like hes going to clip my front fender! i think to myself, " god,what an asshole"...

aaaand as he goes bouncing through the next intersection at 75mph in a 30mph zone, he gets lit up by a blue and white pulling around the corner !!!

i calmly stare straight ahead when i rumble past at 25mph a second later. ( dont make eye contact with the officer. dont make eye contact. dont make eye contact....) and the officer looks up and sees me, grins, and shakes his head while walking over to the hondanator.

#1) i got lucky--i just let off and slowed down maybe 50 yards back.
#2) street racing is illegal and dangerous. i highly recommend it.
#3) hah hah, SUCKAH !!! you got nailed after acting like a fool. shoulda just took the beatdown like a man and let up--everyone loses eventually, i will too someday. and when i do i'll give the other driver the thumbs up for a job well done.

i kinda wish i could load it hard and come out on the 2400 converter, but thats just wasting a good set of tires and putting on a smoke show while going nowhere. the last time i ran this car it went [email protected] on a 1200rpm leave and slow roll in on the throttle. based on previous experience, the 117mph tells me a mid 11 is very obtainable with traction and more sorting out--but they wouldnt let me make any more runs without more safety equipment, and they have since closed-we dont have a track anymore. :down: oh well, theres a potential drag race at every light i guess !

as for tomorow--more action? we shall see, i kinda hope so. i drive my vette everyday. the gas mileage sucks, but the entertainment factor is off the charts ! :thumbsup:

i will end witha couple of quotes by my friend mick--hes my mentor, and he is completely CRAZY.

first quote-"imports are like tampons--every pussy's got one".

second quote, after some kid told us he runs 12's witha fartcan muffler car--"running 12's in an import is like coming out of the closet-you might suprise quite a few people, but the bottom line is youre still a ***"...

last quote, when i first met him 25+ years ago ( i was 17, he was in his late 30's at the time ) and i was at his house for the first time, helping him swap a motor. (him, out of the blue--) "hey, boy--you ever f*ck ass?" (me) um...n-o-o-o... why? (him) " because, you CAN".....

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
:thumbsup:Well Done!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better Lay Low for a few days Zinc.
Find an abandoned road or Wharehouse area to Race On.

Good job.
yeah, i get the sneaky suspicion that officer might be keeping an eye out for me--and im SURE he told his buddys at work as well. hmmm....i DO have a shitty rattle-can paint job. might be time to redo it in a different color, like the lamborghini countach on the begining of the cannonball run movie...except i aint wearing the hotpink skintight jumpsuit and showing my moobs to anyone.:smack

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
yeah, i get the sneaky suspicion that officer might be keeping an eye out for me--and im SURE he told his buddys at work as well. hmmm....i DO have a shitty rattle-can paint job. might be time to redo it in a different color, like the lamborghini countach on the begining of the cannonball run movie...except i aint wearing the hotpink skintight jumpsuit and showing my moobs to anyone.:smack
Best Laying Low for a while Zinc with The BBC C3.
You don't know if the 5' O Has your Tag # or not

Getting out of Reckless Driving and Drag Racing a Mother ****er.
Trust me.
I did. All charges dismissed. I won .
Had to pay my Lawyer $$&&$$

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Why do those Honda asshats always have to go flying by after you've already beaten their sorry ass? :crazy:

Love the way it all ended. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best Laying Low for a while Zinc with The BBC C3.
You don't know if the 5' O Has your Tag # or not

Getting out of Reckless Driving and Drag Racing a Mother ****er.
Trust me.
I did. All charges dismissed. I won .
Had to pay my Lawyer $$&&$$
yeah, and my plate is a vanity too--"RAT-PWR".....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts