Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Andy's A&A kit and used a D1SC and am pushing 10LBS of boost thru it. I just got done cleaning and de greasing the whole motor,under carriage, and suspension to get oil residue etc off.

I noticed some oil spots in the garage where the car sits, so I took a look under the hood and found oil all over. The oil has covered the front leaf spring from driverside to passenger side. It looks like it starts to the right near the water pump pulley and then goes down, then the oil gets splattered all over down to the bottom of the crank and then to the trans from driving the car. The only thing I can think of is the timing cover? But the driver side of it is dry.

Last year it wasnt leaking any fluid, Maybe the crankcase pressure is too high and is forcing oil out somewhere? I still have great oil pressure of 47 PSI when driving.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Have you checked all of your external oil line, sound like you may have a connection leaking...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought the Vette to Sears today and put it on a lift. While I was under there I sprayed the front oil pan, and around the crank to see where the leak is coming from.
I sat there for about 45 minutes and not a single drop. I took the car home and once in the driveway after it sat for 30 minutes or so there was more oil laid down.

Where would the lines be under the car? I have piping everywhere and it gets kinda hard to see where things are at unless you know what they are and where theay are located.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I would have who ever installed your supercharger check the oil line to it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have who ever installed your supercharger check the oil line to it.
I did the complete install, I left out that I am using a Procharger so no oil feed line is used. The oil leak just started after the first test drive under boost.

I think what is happening is while driving the car, the oil is being pushed out of the seal since I dont have any type of way to vent the crankcase. Once the car sits the oil that has been splattered all over the fornt of the motor, drips down to the ground.

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
Don't all of the LS motors have PCV? If so, crankcase pressure should not be the issue, unless the PCV valve (if it has one) is clogged.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't all of the LS motors have PCV? If so, crankcase pressure should not be the issue, unless the PCV valve (if it has one) is clogged.
Yes they do, but I think that it cant escape fast enough thru the PCV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought that it was recomended to use an aftermarket vent once the install was done to increase the pressure / venting abilities. something like this K & N unit.

It seems like a cheap trick to try versus blowing a gasket + labor / time to repair & replace.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
The most likely thing happening is that you are blowing oil out of your dipstick tube because pressure is building up in the engine crankcase.

Naturally when something is pressurize, it wants to come out .... and the easiest thing to come out of is the dipstick tube. Path of least resistance.

And, a substantial amount can come out enough to give you front brake failure because the pads are soaked. My mechanic can tell you that story. :laughing:

Between turbulence under the hood, and the radiator fans, any substantial amount of oil from the dipstick tube is going to end up everywhere under the hood in a short period of time. I bet it was ugly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts