Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been up before but I wanted to share my issue and see what you guys thought. This is an 05 and in great shape and cared for. But it is driven every day and is out side most of the time and usually has a cover over it. I did use some Adams Haze Remover on the lenses to clean them up and put some polish and wax on them and they looked great for weeks. I then covered her and went out of town for two weeks and when I got back this is what I found. And this is a good cover and yes it was HOT.

Now I know there has been a few threads on this issue but I wanted to get thoughts on why with NO film this still happened. And does anyone have a good suggestion to a fix? I have looked for East Cost Performance Corvettes and could not find there web page they said they had the parts to fix and some other vendors but no one has gotten back. Is the repair as good as new? Or should I start to look for replacement lights?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this has been up before but I wanted to share my issue and see what you guys thought. This is an 05 and in great shape and cared for. But it is driven every day and is out side most of the time and usually has a cover over it. I did use some Adams Haze Remover on the lenses to clean them up and put some polish and wax on them and they looked great for weeks. I then covered her and went out of town for two weeks and when I got back this is what I found. And this is a good cover and yes it was HOT.

Now I know there has been a few threads on this issue but I wanted to get thoughts on why with NO film this still happened. And does anyone have a good suggestion to a fix? I have looked for East Cost Performance Corvettes and could not find there web page they said they had the parts to fix and some other vendors but no one has gotten back. Is the repair as good as new? Or should I start to look for replacement lights?
Recently I found an address on E-Bay but dont have it by hand. I was a vendor for C6 headlamp lenses (in the US), selling parts but has also installation service. I suggest you to give it a try on E-Bay.
Lens installation is not rocket science, so I believe the repair can be good as new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts