Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am going to put on new wheels on my car.I don't want to use the tire pressure sensors.How do I get it to stop warning me on the dash for "service tire monitoring system".Thanks

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
That function can be taken out with TECH2. The dealer can do it or anyone with a TECH2. It is listed as a controlable option. FYI, those with a Z06 can have it turned on an use sensor on the wheels of the appropriate year. Also with TECH2 Z06 owners can have turned on the headlight auto on feature if they install the sensor in the dash

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Alright I am going to put on new wheels on my car.I don't want to use the tire pressure sensors.How do I get it to stop warning me on the dash for "service tire monitoring system".Thanks
There is no way around it. It's the law and they made it so it cannot be programmed out.
Here's what I did below,but you have to check your tire pressure manually.
Also if you use regular tires and don't use Run flats (stiff sidewall), it's much easier to tell if your tire is low on pressure.
This mod is not for everybody. Especially the people that never check their tire pressures because it's an inconvenience.

This works very well for me. I keep it in the back. My DIC displays 31 PSI for all four wheels. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I new somone was going to say the D word. I will check at my brothers shop to see if they have a tech2.Thanks for the info.

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
That function can be taken out with TECH2. The dealer can do it or anyone with a TECH2. It is listed as a controlable option. FYI, those with a Z06 can have it turned on an use sensor on the wheels of the appropriate year. Also wth TECH2 Z06 owners can have turned on the headlight aout on feature if they install the sensor in the dash
Hey Torch
Are you sure about the tech 2 being able to turn off the tire sensor fuction ?
I read somewhere that all new cars in the US have to have tire pressure monitors installed without the ability to be dis abled and not display a warning. In the case with the C6 ,after about 100 miles with a DIC warning ,you would go into reduced power mode.
I'm curious , has anybody had there tire pressure sensors turned off please chime in. I looked into this issue about a year ago
That is a new one by me. I'm going to the dealer where I worked as a tech for 8 years and try it on my car.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
I'm sure. Punisher has a C5. This is a completely different animal than the C6 as far as what can be done with it. In the C5, the Z06 doesn't have TPS only the coupe and vert. That is why it can be programmed out since they use the same base computer

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
I'm sure. Punisher has a C5. This is a completely different animal than the C6 as far as what can be done with it. In the C5, the Z06 doesn't have TPS only the coupe and vert. That is why it can be programmed out since they use the same base computer
Sorry ,I thought you were talking about a C6.
My Bad :lookinup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
So-ka I had to go back and look myself just to make sure it was a C5 :laughing: I imagine that if I ever get a C6, I'll be looking you up for info on your fix. If I remember right, you had a thread about it a few months ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts