Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals on their C5's? If so, How do you like them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wide Ovals

I've had a set on my '02 Z06 for three years and over 40K miles. I love them. Great tire for the money.

I have a new set sitting in my garage (just delivered by FedEx) which I'll put on the car in the next couple of weeks. The new set cost me $770, delivered. They were tougher to find this year than in '07 - but that may be because the Z uses slightly different sizes than the standard C5. Several better known vendors had partial sets for the Z, but I finally found one who had a set in stock.

IMO they're an outstanding value for spirited daily driver use. They're not all-weather so when it's freezing you have to be a little careful - but that's no biggee for me since I live in South carolina.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your opinion. I have the Firehawk FZ50's on now. My second set. And I love them to death, or slickness, whichever you prefer. Just can't see spending another $1600 right now. My Firestone dealer will set me up for about a grand. They are cheaper at tire rack, but after shipping and the rest of the hassles, I'll prolly just have it done next week and be done with it. Didn't want to buy them, and then hear peeps say, Wow! You bought those? I've had nothing but.......:laughing:. You can fill in the blank. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts