Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be at the epicenter of the front license plate awareness in TX cops. As some of you know, I got stopped in the Vette on Saturday and given a warning by a state trooper for no front plate. My wife just called and said she got stopped in her 7 month old Infiniti by a Ft. Worth cop and given a warning for no front plate. I have no problem with a plate on that car, but it came from the dealer with the bracket laying in the spare tire compartment, so I never installed it. Looks like the TX cops are going to take this issue seriously across the board. Be forewarned if you are in the Lone Star State. :WTF

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
*knock on wood* So far, they have left me alone in my truck (dealer trade from CO, no bracket) and the Vette still has no plate. :D

I did get popped by the DPS for my window tint, warning ticket. And the inspection station made me get it re-tinted to pass. :down:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I assume these crazy laws apply only to the vehicles registered in TX? Travelers through should have no issue?

In IN, we have only rear plates. 6 miles away in IL, they have both front and rear and have as far back as I know. I've never had an issue in IL with only my rear IN plate.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The sudden attention to the law is because of private companies who do the toll roads and red-light cameras. Texas has been a 2 plate state forever.. but it wasn't an issue until it became a financial one. You can't very well send a ticket to a vehicle owner with no front plate, and you can't send the toll bill to an owner with no front plate. It has nothing to do with crime or law enforcement. It's all about the dolla..

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I seem to be at the epicenter of the front license plate awareness in TX cops. As some of you know, I got stopped in the Vette on Saturday and given a warning by a state trooper for no front plate. My wife just called and said she got stopped in her 7 month old Infiniti by a Ft. Worth cop and given a warning for no front plate. I have no problem with a plate on that car, but it came from the dealer with the bracket laying in the spare tire compartment, so I never installed it. Looks like the TX cops are going to take this issue seriously across the board. Be forewarned if you are in the Lone Star State. :WTF
Here is what you need for the tolls.....:devil:

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....after my first and only expensive front plate ticket I left
my plate uncovered, CHP has a thing about that....the local
PD only write it up if you did something else also.....:laughing:

....front plate didn't make it go any slower or faster for that
matter, so I gave in, kinda ruins your day just getting stopped...:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I give up. I just placed my $200+ order to TFR for their C6 removable bracket and paint matching frame. It really gores me to have to spend this, but there is no other bracket I have seen that looks as decent as this one. :lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what you need for the tolls.....:devil:
Yep. It's gotta be full time, and I hate that off-center look while the plate is showing.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arizona, no front plate... and great gun laws! :laughing:
Not only that....you have a bell tower to give you a commanding view of the battlefield. :laughing:

·
Registered
889 Posts
The sudden attention to the law is because of private companies who do the toll roads and red-light cameras. Texas has been a 2 plate state forever.. but it wasn't an issue until it became a financial one. You can't very well send a ticket to a vehicle owner with no front plate, and you can't send the toll bill to an owner with no front plate. It has nothing to do with crime or law enforcement. It's all about the dolla..
I"m not sure that this is entirely true. I bought a new vehicle a while back and didn't have my toll tag transfered. The few times I went through the toll line without my tag, they sent me a bill for it with a picture of my rear license plate.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I"m not sure that this is entirely true. I bought a new vehicle a while back and didn't have my toll tag transfered. The few times I went through the toll line without my tag, they sent me a bill for it with a picture of my rear license plate.
That's interesting, the last one I got was for my 08 GMC and it had a picture of the front plate. :huh: That was on the Bush tollway.

All the red light camera tickets I have seen, also have the front plate.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got an e-mail from TFR confirming my order, but they are out of stock on the Crystal Red frame. :rolleyes: They are hoping to get some more stock Monday. I hope the next cop that stops me is understanding of out-of-stock orders. :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts