Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:buhbye: Ruby 40th Anniversary owners.....time to check in!
I know this is a big year for the 50th but lets not forget the RUBY-REDS!

I have a 40th roadster that I cant wait to get back on the road. How 'bout you? Whatchagot? Roadster...Coupe...what options?
How 'bout 40th collectibles, Logo hat/shirt..poster...magazine spread? Post some pics!

If you have any extra 40th stuff to trade/barter/sell....why not post it on this thread? I know I'm interested!

I'm looking for an original owners manual with zippered jacket... a metal or plastic model of the 40th roadster...Logo hat...or...?

Lets make this the RUBY-RED THREAD!

:partyon:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
looks to be your the only ruby red owner right now....i have a 1:18 scale ruby ZR-1 :) its the only ruby i have

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Punk Boy said:
looks to be your the only ruby red owner right now....i have a 1:18 scale ruby ZR-1 :) its the only ruby i have
Well....I just posted this thread yesterday so maybe there's still hope?

Is your 1/18 a metal or plastic...coupe or roadster? I have looked everywhere for a 40th anniversary roadster metal model and can't find it.

I found a plastic model made by Revell still in the box on eBay the other day but was outbid...(wasn't paying attention). I think it sold for about $20 U.S.

I bought my Ruby last fall. Its my first Corvette and I've joined the local club already. However, I'm already thinking of where I could put a second one. I really like the 68-72 roadsters!
:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Mike said:

Is your 1/18 a metal or plastic...coupe or roadster? I have looked everywhere for a 40th anniversary roadster metal model and can't find it.
Its diecast by miatso....ZR-1=Coupe, no targa top on it though

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Punk Boy said:
Its diecast by miatso....ZR-1=Coupe, no targa top on it though
Well, its good to know that miasto actually made a 40th model. Maybe they made a roadster?

I found a matchbox 1/43 scale 40th Coupe still in the box at an antique shop last fall. Had to have it......$22.00.

ANyway, if I dont get any action on this thread re 40th owners, I can always check out the 40th Registry website.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Punk Boy said:
I have the same one. I'm eventually trading with a buddy for the same '93 ZR-1, except his is Polo Green. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BubbleHead said:
I have the same one. I'm eventually trading with a buddy for the same '93 ZR-1, except his is Polo Green. :thumbsup:
When I was looking to buy, it came down to a choice between the 40th ruby and a polo green roadster with tan top and interior. Both about the same price.

The polo green roadster is definitely at the top of the list of my favourite C4's.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-=Jeff=- said:
Maisto only made a ZR1 40th

I actuclly have the following Maisto ZR1s: Arctic White, Ruby Red, Quasar Blue, Polo Green, and Yellow
I bet that collection looks terrific on your shelf! Are they 1/18? I might be interested in buying the Ruby Red. Does it have the 40th emblem on the fender?? Are ya thinkin' of sellin'?:excited:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Mike said:
I bet that collection looks terrific on your shelf! Are they 1/18? I might be interested in buying the Ruby Red. Does it have the 40th emblem on the fender?? Are ya thinkin' of sellin'?:excited:
Yes they all look good, infact I am running out of room.

I am not planning on selling any right now, but you should keep an eye for them on ebay, they pop up every once in a while

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-=Jeff=- said:
Yes they all look good, infact I am running out of room.

I am not planning on selling any right now, but you should keep an eye for them on ebay, they pop up every once in a while
I check eBay every now and then, I guess I'll get lucky eventually. Anyway, if you ever decide to downsize your mini-car lot, you know where to find me.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Maisto only made a ZR1 40th

I actuclly have the following Maisto ZR1s: Arctic White, Ruby Red, Quasar Blue, Polo Green, and Yellow
You suck -=Jeff=- :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: j/k

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Mike said:
When I was looking to buy, it came down to a choice between the 40th ruby and a polo green roadster with tan top and interior. Both about the same price.

The polo green roadster is definitely at the top of the list of my favourite C4's.:D
I'm really happy with the Polo Green. He have a friend here in the Chicago area with a 40th Coupe, he keeps that Vette clean/shiny!

The Rubies are a great color, especially when it was only on the 40th. :thumbsup: I do have the 40th emblem embroidered on my head rests (factory). :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a Ruiby vert. However, living in FL I drive it year round with the top down. We were thinking of trading it in on a 03 MY/blk/blk vert, but the deal fell through. Now the wife says let's keep it and sell the Buick Century to get the MY vert. :excited: What a wife!:buhbye:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ourruby said:
I also have a Ruiby vert. However, living in FL I drive it year round with the top down. We were thinking of trading it in on a 03 MY/blk/blk vert, but the deal fell through. Now the wife says let's keep it and sell the Buick Century to get the MY vert. :excited: What a wife!:buhbye:
Well, welcome newcomers! Glad to see there are other Ruby fans on this site!

I just bought mine last fall and have no plans to part with it. There's only a few special interest C4s and the 93 Ruby one of them.

My wife is really getting into it too...(literally) and I may just have to look for another ride for myself. I'm not ready for a C5 yet. I'm thinking nostalgia and going back to the 68 to 72 era. We'll see how much we "drive" each other crazy this summer.

Anyway, you folks are fortunate to live where you can drive your Ruby all year round. And Ecklers is so close to you. How can you beat that!

Ours has been in storage since last November. We will get it on the road again in about 2 weeks. I've posted several pics on this site.

Have you posted any pictures yet?:cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
-=Jeff=- said:
There is a Ruby ZR-1 1:18 Maisto right now on Ebay..

19 hours left as of 4:50m CST

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2509&item=3508759032&rd=1
Hey, thanks for the tip! I took a look and its a 93 Ruby Coupe with the 40th emblem on the side fender. But the nameplate on the "wood" base says 1992. Interesting?

Anyway, I'm going to throw a few bucks at it and see if they stick.
Still looking for a roadster though.
Thanks again.:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts