Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please... NO debates... Just want to get an idea if there are any like me.

·
Registered
798 Posts
<----- Agnostic

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
ag·nos·tic   /ægˈnɒstɪk/
[ag-nos-tik]

–noun
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

:thumbsup:

I don't believe humans have the current ability to fully understand our existance or reality. Science and technology will lead us to our destiny.

Edit: IBTL :laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
agnostic.

The true atheiste does not exist.
What do you mean? I always saw an athiest as an angry agnostic. :huh:

Oops. Did I just start a debate? sorry OP.

Good thread subject though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
ag·nos·tic   /ægˈnɒstɪk/
[ag-nos-tik]

–noun
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

Ditto, I believe that Darwin was, and is on to something.

I also believe that we are the aliens? It is all a big sceince experiment. All you can do is hang on. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
ag·nos·tic   /ægˈnɒstɪk/
[ag-nos-tik]

–noun

I don't believe humans have the current ability to fully understand our existance or reality. Science and technology will lead us to our destiny.

Well, at least if Science and Technology don't lead us to
our destiny, perhaps they will keep the Vettes running! :thud:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I swear there ain't no Heaven

And I pray there ain't no Hell

I'll never know by livin'

Only my dyin' will tell

That about sums it up for me. You could almost make a song out of it.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Atheist: Don't believe.
Agnostic: Doesn't know what to believe.
Sort of....
Agnostic–noun

In my opinion, a theist, believes in an imaginary guy in the sky and looks down on those that don't believe as he does as if they are not as enlightened.

An athiest believes there is no deity and looks down on those that don't believe as he does as if they are not as enlightened.

An Agnostic on the other hand, realizes that both of the others are a religion in themself for they have to have faith in their own belief as neither can be proven. The agnostic neither denies or claims a deity, with the understanding that none of us is smart enough or has the knowledge to prove either theory correct.

Athiests and Theists alike claim that Agnostics just don't know what to believe when actually the Agnostic probably has the most definitive theory. An Agnostic doesn't say he just doesn't know, he says it's impossible to know the truth because we don't have enough knowledge to figure it out.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
What do you mean? I always saw an athiest as an angry agnostic. :huh:

Oops. Did I just start a debate? sorry OP.

Good thread subject though. :thumbsup:
From the greek meaning of the word it means that I am without a god. In some sens it is the doctrine of those without deity.

As such, a true atheist, even if God stands before him, will still turn his back on God.

I do not believe that God exists, I think he is the creation of man out of fear for the unkown. That being said, if God stands before me I will probably review my position, I therefore am not an atheist.

:cheers:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
So... you don't believe that our universe was created by an invisible magic man in the sky? :laughing:
Is there a sky to the universe??? Or is god just in our sky??? And If he is just in our sky was he there before the universe was created?? Or did he move there after creating it??

Sorry... god is a concept created by small smart men to scare the **** out of dumb big men, so the latter don't beat the **** out of the former and steal their wives. But now we have guns so we don't need god. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
If there is no GOD or God like being, what is after this then? nothing?:lookinup:

If you just live for today, there is an awfull lot of space that is going to waste :surprised

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
If there is no GOD or God like being, what is after this then? nothing?:lookinup:

If you just live for today, there is an awfull lot of space that is going to waste :surprised
And if you live for the afterlife and there is none you wasted your whole life for nothing. What if there is a god and when you die, he says I gave you a life to enjoy and have fun. I gave you millions of the opposite sex to enjoy and play with as many as you possibly could and you only stayed with one. You wasted your life and I am sending you to hell for it.

Perhaps we are all part of what we call god. Science has proven that no energy can be destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another. So maybe what we call a soul is just the energy that keeps us alive. When that energy leaves our body, our body is dead, but our energy goes on. Maybe we become the wind or lightning or the heat in the sun or the life force in that fly you just swatted...or a new baby.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Other than contradicting beliefs we may have been raised with, what exactly is the problem with there being "nothing" after this life ... particularly if we won't experience it?

For instance, you didn't experience the absence of your existence prior to coming into this world, so I can't imagine you'd feel the absence of your existence after you are gone.

Enjoy your time here. Love others. Be bold. Be brave. Make things better. Then, become dirt! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts