Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left the PPG paint store, told them I wanted to match my 2005 yellow vette. I ask for 2005 volicity yellow paint, they read my paint code and told me that's not what my car is painted. It called for a paint called Yellow Tint. What goes I thought all 2005 yellow vettes were painted with Volicity yellow?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VFPREACHER: Just the man I wanted to talk to. Here is what they gave me at the PPG paint store when he looked up 2005 volicity yellow

DBC908587 K

Volicity Yellow

Here is what is on the glove box as the paint code
423G

any help would be appciated

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
423G is Millenium Yellow

5593 is Volocity Yellow

DBC908587 K ~ no idea what this is. More then likley it is a PPG / match code.

Hit me with the address and phone of where you will be buying the product and I will get you a better price.

With Patrick's permission, I will set "Digtal Corvettes" up with a national cash account. Any PPG dealership you visit, will get you commercial pricing. I get nothing for this.... unless you buy in the Sacramento CA area. Point being "I'm not trying to sell anyone anything.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re-read your post the phone number of this PPG store is 812-339-6549 Bloomington AutoColor

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I quess I don't have volicity yellow. That is good to know anyway. I wonder how many other 2005 think they have Volicity yellow and don't?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a million Preacher. I'll just throw away this Volicity yellow and go buy some Millinium Yellow

·
Registered
7 Posts
423G is Millenium Yellow

5593 is Volocity Yellow

DBC908587 K ~ no idea what this is. More then likley it is a PPG / match code.

Hit me with the address and phone of where you will be buying the product and I will get you a better price.

With Patrick's permission, I will set "Digtal Corvettes" up with a national cash account. Any PPG dealership you visit, will get you commercial pricing. I get nothing for this.... unless you buy in the Sacramento CA area. Point being "I'm not trying to sell anyone anything.

Very nice of you to offer this! :partyon:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I just got a "tidbit" of info from the PPG, "Auto Paint Division's" rep. (I rep. for the residential, commercial and high performance coatings side of PPG )

"Due to pricing and availability of raw materials, it is "not unlikely" for auto manufacturers, to change paint manufacturers, half way through a "year's" run on the same model. Meaning the first half of the year could be PPG's spec color, and the second half of the year, could be DuPont's match for the PPG's spec color". This is where the "yellow tint" comes in.
DuPont is not going to put PPG's name anywhere and visa-verse. So, if PPG made the color for GM and DuPont picks up the second run, they will give it a number and call it "yellow tint".

@ trashrat: My pleasure brother !!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts