Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In hawaii we dont have any emissions what so ever, but when researching which cam i want, i got to thinking... How many guys actually need to pass smog, with a big cam and tune. I was born and raised in L.A., i know its gotta be tough there. Not sure if you can even tamper with the ECM tune in cali?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
In hawaii we dont have any emissions what so ever, but when researching which cam i want, i got to thinking... How many guys actually need to pass smog, with a big cam and tune. I was born and raised in L.A., i know its gotta be tough there. Not sure if you can even tamper with the ECM tune in cali?
You can tune your car in cali, and most of the manufactures know the limits when it comes to cam size and passing smog. I've read numerous discussions on this (as I was considering moving to Cali) and I haven't seen any "big" cam cars passing as they are too large too.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If your cam is too big, it just won't cut it. There's pretty much no way around that. If you need to meet an emissions test your gonna have to keep it small. Lift isn't as important as is durration and LSA. If you keep your durration <22x and your LSA 115+ you should be OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts