Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a C5 owner and love my Vette. I work with a "Stang-Nazi" who thinks Cobras are the best things since the invention of the blower, and Corvettes are "over-rated." Occasionally, I've read threads about people who dropped their stangs and went Vette and never looked back. I'm curious if there are any other stories like this? Would love to hear similar stories, especially from ex-Viper and ex-Cobra owners.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I had 3 Mustangs in my earlier days. And, frankly, they were all crap. I could go on-and-on about mechanical and other aggravating problems.

Anyone who says Corvettes are "over-rated" can't afford one.

Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's not as if Corvettes are "cheap," though when you consider performance, it give you more sportscar for the buck than any other world class car. If I had known Vette were so much fun to drive, I would have gotten one sooner. It's like going to broadband after living with dial-up all those years- I can't see myself not driving a vette again...Cheers

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I thought I had a Good Performance Car when i had my 1978 Z-28.Sure it had a four speed and had to do extensive susspension work to get it to handle ,but for the dollar a corvette,s profor,handeling and shear fun to drive ,is no match for the Z

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a Cobra a few years back. It was fun, but it wasn't a corvette. It was my everyday car and the limited leg room and heavy clutch got to be a pain day after day. The problem was that there wasn't enough of a distinction between a Cobra and a standard Mustang. Ok, the wing was different, a slightly different hood and the Cobra badges on the fenders. But if you glanced at it, it was just another Mustang.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had several Mustangs back in the 60's. The best thing I can say is that I never lost money on one---always sold them at a profit. Jump to the 80's when I got a Corvette and there's no comparison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts