Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car and was noticing the engine bay when I came across this machined area, any clues on what this may be. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
pick doesnt work :huh:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
That is where the Kanuder Valve goes. Guess someone took it off to polish/chrome it and never put it back on. I'm polishing mine while the engine is out next month.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I just went out and looked, same thing.
I bought mine with 9k miles on it so I'm sure something could have been removed but I really don't think so.
Mine is all shiny still, like yours, and I have 80k miles now.
:cheers:
What is strange is the fact that there are no holes for mounting, only the dimple in the middle.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:thud:Found it, .......errrr I didn't. :thumbsup: Nothing was removed. It is a machined boss with a dimple in the lower crossmember traverse spring/lower control arm bracket to allow adequate clearance for the high pressure AC line.
Mine is just as polished with only 19K miles. :rolling: Being the original owner.........I know I did not remove anything. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Thank you everyone, really had me concerned. You guys are the greatest!
:cheers::partyon::cheers:

HardcoreABN:
"That is where the Kanuder Valve goes. Guess someone took it off to polish/chrome it and never put it back on. I'm polishing mine while the engine is out next month"

:thud:

I found my Kanuder Valve in the exhaust pipe between the ball bearing carriage and the muffler...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts