Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a big favor.

I'm looking for a thermo switch that will turn my fans on at about 205 and off at about 195.

If not, then what company makes these things?

·
Registered
509 Posts
assuming this is for the 95, you could have the PCM re-programmed to do this or install an aftermarket setup that can turn on the fan relays at an adjustable setting..
-Rick

·
Registered
509 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I work for a drug dealership. Does that count? :laughing:
Your part of the network too huh.. LoL:laughing:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VetteTech81 said:
assuming this is for the 95, you could have the PCM re-programmed to do this or install an aftermarket setup that can turn on the fan relays at an adjustable setting..
-Rick
This is for the 72. I did buy an adjustable control made by Centech. The unit worked great.......for a month, then engine compartment heat started to affect it's performance.

I have purchased and installed 2 switches that are supposed to turn off at 185. Both do that the first few cycles, but then when the oil and engine block are at full operating temp the switches no longer shut off at 185. They stay on.

I could buy one of those mechanical units that uses the mercury bulb shoved into the radiator hose or radiator itself, but I'm anal, I want to keep the system simple.

I talked to Painless, Spal, and Moroso techs. They're all accustomed to people who want to run at 160 degrees.

Surely there's a greater selection of switches than the aftermarket sells? Surely I'm not the only guy that wants to run his temp at 180 minimum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts