·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
keep the shiny side up......and between the lines

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
ragvette said:
Will be going for a license this summer and then maybe buying a bike. Any tips?
You taking the Class?? That is what I did.. I had a Motorcycle for a short bit, but it was hard deciding to take the vette or the Bike, I ended up selling it about a year after I got it.

I may get one again some day

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Any motorcycle nuts here?

-=Jeff=- said:
You taking the Class?? That is what I did.. I had a Motorcycle for a short bit, but it was hard deciding to take the vette or the Bike, I ended up selling it about a year after I got it.

I may get one again some day
Not taking a class. A neighbor will be teaching me the finer points. He has two bikes so that will come in handy.

B

·
0 Posts
Rod,

Trust me when I tell you. You probably WILL NOT pass the motorcycle test at the DMV. It is a VERY difficult test and you need a small cycle to do it. Too many tight turns.

My advice, since Ive been riding since I was about 12 years old. Take the safety class that is provided through NIU. This class is free if you request a return of your money.(Most people just donate the small fee to the class) I took it with a friend who wanted some support because he was clueless. Well I even learned some things and some bad habits I had developed over the years. It is truely an invaluable oportunity. All of the classes are full now so you will have to wait until next spring. Once you pass the class, you DONT have to take that insane driving practical exam at the DMV. All you do is walk in, hand them your certificate and they give you a new DL with the M-classification.

I ride all the time and cant recommend that class enough!!!

Good luck!

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Rod,

Trust me when I tell you. You probably WILL NOT pass the motorcycle test at the DMV. It is a VERY difficult test and you need a small cycle to do it. Too many tight turns.

My advice, since Ive been riding since I was about 12 years old. Take the safety class that is provided through NIU. This class is free if you request a return of your money.(Most people just donate the small fee to the class) I took it with a friend who wanted some support because he was clueless. Well I even learned some things and some bad habits I had developed over the years. It is truely an invaluable oportunity. All of the classes are full now so you will have to wait until next spring. Once you pass the class, you DONT have to take that insane driving practical exam at the DMV. All you do is walk in, hand them your certificate and they give you a new DL with the M-classification.

Good luck!
I totally agree with BLM.. I took the same class.. I passed for the M class on a 250.. a week later I bought a 850 Yamaha

B

·
0 Posts
Oh and I guess I can qualify as a motorcycle nut since I just dropped a boat load of $$ on some new drag pipes and other goodies for my Valkyrie!!!

I can't wait to slap them bitches on!!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BIG LAW MAN said:
Rod,

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Spring next year is :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Be careful on a bike - you have no protection in an accident. I still have the M license but my back will not allow me to ride a bike anymore. Some clown in a pick up decided it would be funny to see me rear end him (intentionally locked his brakes in mid turn at an intersection). Missed him but went down hard. Guess he enjoyed the show - did a burn out laughing with his gf.

For some strange reason a lot of people in this area try for bikes pretending they do not see them & then make a big story session at work or in the bar about the "latest biker they got". Oh, well, still have the Vette !! :nuts: :lookinup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts