Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows of a newer style seats for a C3. Can I install C4, C5, seat in a 1979. Or do you know where I can get something different, without spending loads of money.
Thanks
Larrylom

·
Registered
745 Posts
i love my c5 seats,much better for cruising

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
i love my c5 seats,much better for cruising
:agree: and cornering! There are lots of ways to get a set of C5 seats bolted in. I was trying to minimize modification to the floorpan while optimizing leg and head room. I'm pretty happy with the way it worked out in the last link from WIT911's post.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
We are working on getting C6 seats in my buddies 70 model. Got the drivers side put in last Sunday. Need to finish up on the drivers side and it will be ready. Sorry no pics but they do look awesome in his coupe.
photo-document the install of the passenger side and put together a how-to thread! Tell us what troubles you ran into and how to avoid them!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have Sparco Milano's in my 79. Bit on the pricey side, but still I think easily worth the money, best seats I've ever tried. Tight fit, but still works. :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jay I love your car!! The best C3 I ever saw!! One more question for you?
Can I put 18" wheels 8 wide with 4.5 backspacing in without having any rubbing or changing anything?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I have Sparco Milano's in my 79. Bit on the pricey side, but still I think easily worth the money, best seats I've ever tried. Tight fit, but still works. :cheers:

Seating and interior ergonomics are so personal, it's really hard to say what really works for YOU vs ME, is impossible.....for instance, I look at the seat above and think my '87 vette, one of the things I hated about it was the side bolsters on the seat were way tooooooo snug on my hips...they hurt from bone compression....I suffer arthritis anyway, so don't need any bone massage....

it APPEARS like a lousey fit for ME.....which is why I cut the interior all up in my '72 vert here....lower/forward the gas and brake pedals, pushed the floorboard forward and and lower below the steering wheel mount flange, and eliminated the dimmer bulge for the dimmer is on my TT wheel now....and too boot took out the rear mount flanges to lower the seat back by 1.5 inches, and too out all the padding/carpeting under the front mounts for same reason, picking up another 1/2 inch....this all acted to flatten out my knees from under the freeking wheel, and make my seating much more comfy.....

I need HEADROOM in a car, even more than knee room....which for a long time driver/hobby car like this vette has to be adequate for ME....

so I doubt it's worth the effort fo try another seat at this point....course I don't drive competitive either, ....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jay I love your car!! The best C3 I ever saw!! One more question for you?
Can I put 18" wheels 8 wide with 4.5 backspacing in without having any rubbing or changing anything?

You can, but I would recommend getting 4" all around or maybe even 3.5" depending what size tires you will be running. With 4.5" BS the wheels might end up too deep into the wheel wells and looking bit funny.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

Jay, everytime I see a pic of your car, I get the urge to spend ALOT of money?????????????:laughing:

Ever since you gave me that seat spec I have been searching for a reasonable set. I even found a set in beige that matched my car. For the life of me I cannot find them for under $900

1 - 13 of 13 Posts