Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any forum members with a C1 or C2 that are the original owners?

Lets hear from you. There has to be some good stories from someone that's owned the same car for that long.

:D :D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
64vette said:
Are there any forum members with a C1 or C2 that are the original owners?

Lets hear from you. There has to be some good stories from someone that's owned the same car for that long.

:D :D
Good question! I'd like to see if anyone is the original owner also.....
:huh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my 64 Coupe on 14Apr1964 from Sands Chevrolet in Glendale, Az. and yes, there's 123,000 miles worth of memories.

I made two major changes. She was originally Ermine White and she is now Venetian Red (56/57 Vette). I purchased the side exhaust from a 67 owner 20+ years ago for $50. Other than that she is pretty much numbers correct.

There has never been a true "restoration", just maintenance when needed. All of the drive train and engine has been rebuilt along with the suspension, headlamp drives, lighting system, cooling system, instrument panel, interior, and generally most everything that has shown wear. She can hold her own in the local car shows.

Once in a great while I do get asked if I am truly the original owner and the easiest way is to show them a copy of my purchase contract, just not sure how to post it here.

LEC

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
WOW!!!! 40 years. That is awesome. I've never owned a cara for more than 3-4 years. My 2k is a little over three now and I'm itching to sell/trade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts