Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 coupe and am looking to go with C5 thin spoke wheels (17 x 8.5 & 18 x 9.5).

Will I have any problem mounting these? Do I need to be concerned with offset or backspacing or any other complications?

thanks

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I've seen a few guys mount the thin spokes on C4's. They will bolt right up but sit inboard quite a bit from the normal C4 setup. Some use spacers to get a more correct looking offset, or just run them as is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
inboard???

I just mounted some 2000 z06 wheels to my 1995. I read this forum all through and everywhere it seems to say -you will need spacers, or , they will sit too far inboard if you don't! My sawblades were 17" and now I have 18" rears and you know what? They DON'T require even the slightest of spacers, shims , washers ,whatever! Fit good, Look Better!! Throw your thin spokes on and they'll most likely fit like a glove. Good Luck!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I am not 100% on this but the Z06 wheels are wider in the back than the stock thin spokes. You may want ot check and make sure before purchasing the thinspokes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.