Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey All... i really would like some i deas or advice regarding my ride.

I did some minor mods to my ride ..they are as follow:
1)- Borla exhaust system
2)- SLP cold air induction system. with K&N filters.
3)- Nology Spark Plugs.
4)- beilestin shocks.. all 4 of'em.

thats it for now...but im thinking to do more in near future.... any suggestions.. and what about heating problems ?? any ideas..my ride runs at 230f all the time. and somtimes it doesnt throtle properly. knowing that the weather here is hell it gets up to 107f in summer.. and thats for atleast 4 to 5 months..!!! :crazy:

ill be posting photos of my ride soon.. to share it with urs.

thx all...

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
First things first check your fans to be sure they are operating properly. Next you will want to remove your radiator and clean that area out real good. These cars are famous for sucking up all the road debris they can handle and clogging up the air flow through the radiator.
I also changed your thread title to help you out some.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Raidmagic is on the right path for the cooling issue. :thumbsup:

Here are a few links I found by using our "search" feature about the same cooling issues that you should to check into:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72136&highlight=cooling

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42446&highlight=cleaning+project

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71765&highlight=cooling

zerovette666 said:
4)- beilestin shocks.. all 4 of'em.
How do you like the new ride quality? Make a big difference???

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
If you try all of this and KNOW that you have no air at the thermostat housing and at the throttle body and still have too much heat then I would look at two more things.

First, the SLP with which I am not familiar, does it cross in front of your radiator? If after cleaning the radiator from the rear forward properly and checking all then get Evans coolant (Google) and get the needed flush from them as it will NOT mix with water.

good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the new guy again..!

thanks all for your reply..i appreciate it.. regarding the cooling problem..the fan is working properly and just 2 months ago i changed the thermostat. the main problem is after driving it for a while at that temp; it doens't reponse as usual..and somtimes i hear cams sound..!!

and for the SLP its 3 stainless steel pipes with 3 round filters on each end and its connected to the throtle body same as the stock filter sys.

and the bielstin shockes are great..smooth and stable.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

any suggestions on how to icrease the hp of my ride beside what i allready installed??:D

thx

·
Registered
428 Posts
After alll the cleaning etc is done, get your PCM fans reset to lower temps. PCMFORLESS will do this for a fraction of the cost of A Hypertech programmer, for example. Also their tune will spice things up a bit.
Also, chnge your thermostat to a Hypertech Thermostat 160 temp. My Vette when basically stock with these mods, when in SC and having 3.75 gears, ran around 185 degrees all day long.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I live in myrtle beach SC and run a 160 degree thermostat, and my 85 only has one fan. It run 168-175 on a normal day. Have seen it get to 180 on days over 90 when sitting in traffic with the air conditioning on, and my motor is built. If you live in a warm climate most of the time, bypass the coolant going through the throttle body. That will cool it down a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts