Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who'd thought it would be 62 degrees and not a cloud to be seen. :) After splitting some wood for a couple of hours, I came back to the shop, got a beer and a lawn chair and relaxed. Half way thru the beer it dawns on me that I should be out driving the Vette instead of sitting next to it. 26 miles throught the Adirondack Mts makes for a fun time. Hills, curves and short valleys makes the Ole Vette take notice. Had it up to 85 on a 2mile stretch....Life Is Good in Northern NY:cheers: Anybody else have fun today??

·
Registered
990 Posts
you guessed it right. Almost 70 here today and I just got back from a 45 minute cruise in mine. Boy do I hate winter, today just made me remember that again.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
I am simply hammered with work. Looks like another 20 hour day. I did get the GS out this morning to run a 5 minue errand. I can see it out the window on my driveway.

It looks sad. It wants to play.

·
Registered
990 Posts
:( poo......................hey, I think you need some spirits, from the next county:D

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Well, it's about 85 deg. here and there's not a cloud in the sky. Went to a job site today and then had lunch with daughter #1 (outside).

I guess that's one advantage to living down here. I'm goin' targa on the way home from the office! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Have mine outside work right now, made the whopping 3 mile drive in today and need to pick up a pizza on the way home, might get up to 4.5 miles. Thinking about stashing it next week cause I'll be out of town the following week and don't want to come home to fighting snow to get it in storage garage (in laws).

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
We had that sweet weather yesterday and I didn't take the full advantage of it. :( Today is dry but cold and I only made 2 small trips but tonight I'm going to the speed shop so I get an hour more of driving.

We might get snow this Sunday. I hope it's just light non-accumulative flurries. If they have to use salt my driving season is over with. :(

I better take advantage of tomorrow too! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I needed the truck and trailer this morning and on my way home to drop the trailer off I decided that I should get the Vette out for the rest of the day.:thumbsup:
I love it when I get a good idea.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, I'm envious of you guys in the south, but only during our winter months :laughing: I don't know how you put up with the hurricanes. I have this fear of drowning in my living room, :( so I'll stay north for now. Anytime I take the Vette out makes that day special...my reward for busting my tail. Hey..look at that cloud.....looks like Zora smiling:excited:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm here in NY also. I just got home from work and took the cover off the vette. Unplugged the battery tender and now I'm ready to go for a nice nite drive with the top down. Tomorrow promises to be the same as today. Another good vette driving day!:excited: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
It isn't going to snow next week....it just can't. I am going home and if it snows there will be nothing to do. If it doesn't snow I'll be out driving Dad's Vette.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Indiana is having some nice weather this last week in november so i rode to the store to take back my stale brownies. did see a harley biker fellow riding the other day it must have been about 35-40 F. with his shirt off just a flying.. i wondered what he was drinking:huh:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Temperature dropped into the low 70's today, but I thought, what the hell, I think I'll take the vette out. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

God, I'm glad I don't live up north anymore. :)

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I drove my briefly, I figure it cost me $100 a mile.:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts