Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the brakes on my C6, but dont want to do the whole widebody kit huge wheel tire combo.

i've been searching but couldnt find anything specific. im just looking for something that fits the stock C6 body and clears the Z06 brakes.

any leads?

thanks

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
I want to upgrade the brakes on my C6, but dont want to do the whole widebody kit huge wheel tire combo.

i've been searching but couldnt find anything specific. im just looking for something that fits the stock C6 body and clears the Z06 brakes.

any leads?

thanks
whell they are the same diameter so the reason it wont fit is because the caliper will hit the spokes, youd need a spacer but again would require wide fenders. IMO id recomend Brembos because they will fit stock rollers and will out perform the z06's stoppers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whell they are the same diameter so the reason it wont fit is because the caliper will hit the spokes, youd need a spacer but again would require wide fenders. IMO id recomend Brembos because they will fit stock rollers and will out perform the z06's stoppers
right. I understand about the stock C6 wheels being straight and not providing the clearance needed. but some of the aftermarket wheels have curved spokes that may fit.

are you sure the brembos fit? I thought those required different wheels as well.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I just went to the C10 CCWs which fit Big brake but forum vendor HRE makes big brake wheels for the C6. You will not find a lighter wheel than the HRE.

:cheers:

Check my sig for sizes I run. I went to 18in rims for tire selction but you can get 18/19 combinations that fit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Brembos WILL NOT fit behind stock C6 wheels.
The Brembo 6 piston kit for the C6Z06 will fit behind stock wheels just barely but NOT on the standard C6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts