Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got of the phone with my insurance agent and it looks like I will be getting a replacement cheque by the end of the week to purchase a new car. You see my daily driver a 2000 Chrysler 300M was stolen from a parking lot on Saturday night while my wife and I were out for dinner with friends. It was found about 2 hours later torched in an industrial complex parking lot across town. My Cobra golf clubs were also still in the trunk melted (grrrr). Anyways, back to it here,.... I'm kind of torn as to what to buy, the money isn't really an issue. I want the performance similar to my C5 but with 4 doors (for work/family) . There is a 2006 CTS and a CTS-V at one of my local GM dealers in town both are manual transmission (nice) there is also a 2006 Grand Prix GXP with low miles as well. Does anyone own either that can give me a little insight on either. I won't get a chance to test drive them until probably Thursday afternoon.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
drive them all and see what you like

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I like the CTS-V (not from experience; merely based on looks). The Charger doesn't look as nice in my opinion...too 'cartoony'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im driving a charger right now and Im really enjoying it and I dont normally like chryslers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I never figured I would ever own a SUV,but, I do now. I had stopped into the Chevrolet dealer that services the Vette (grinding from left front wheel) and got a chance to take out a Trailblazer SS. I have to say i was very impressed by the performance. Great acceleration getting onto the highway and had a pretty throaty exhaust. The dash left a little to be desired but you trade one thing off for another with most GM built vehicles anyways (Corvette interiors vs. the exteriors). I had made a note of one thing the salesman had mentioned. He said that there is no better performing truck in the marketplace. Man I hate it when they blow smoke up my ass. It's that kind of crap that makes me walk away. And I did.

My wife and I decided to head over to Volkswagen and look at a Passat and now with an interest in a SUV, the Tourag. I got about as far as the Cayenne that was in the Sales Managers spot. After driving that, the Trailblazer SS felt heavier and slower. But I balked at the $90,000 for the truck.

On the way home we stopped back into Dodge to look at the Charger SRT-8 again. Then it happened, my wife asked about the Grand Cherokee with the big wheels.

We now own a 07 Jeep Cherokee SRT-8. Pretty much because one salesman tried to feed me a line of ****. Oh, the performance is much better than that Trailblazer. The next thing that will be added ( in about 2 weeks) to our growing stable will be a 05 LMB vert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts