Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting this out there to test the waters. It's been pretty dead in here lately, but here goes....

I recently installed Corbeau A4s in red cloth in my 98 Vert:

I love these seats. They're really supportive, they recline, and they look cool as hell in the car. However, my wife hates them. She says that she's not comfortable driving the car, which sucks, because they're in *her* car.
So.....that's the reason for this post, plain and simple.
The Corbeaus come with C5-specific rails and will bolt right into the car. You can use your stock seat belts, and the seats recline. I'll even throw in seat rail extenders that I purchased from Corbeau. They allow the seat to travel a few extra inches in either the forward or aft position to allow for shorter/taller people.
All I want is stock seats with rails that I can install back into the Vert. It don't matter what type of seats they are (standard,sport,Z06) as long as they're in good shape with no play or slop in the rails.
I put this in the Hawaii section, 'cause I really don't want to deal with the hassles of shipping these seats. Believe me, they cost $$$$ to get them here in the first place! But, I'm willing to listen to suggestions if they're out there.
If anyone is interested, post up here or shoot me a pm.
Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon....No one wants these seats?
There's NOTHING wrong with them, and they will fit w/o any hassles.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
EFI-4 said:
C'mon....No one wants these seats?
There's NOTHING wrong with them, and they will fit w/o any hassles.
Most C5 owners have power seats, I don't think they'll want non-powered even if they do have good support? That's going to be the biggest negative in my opinion. They do look sharp though, success! :thumbsup:

EFE Z06

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Too bad your are in Hawaii. I'd love to swap my mint but lame factory seats for something that'll hold me in place while I do "Rockford Files" 180 degree turns.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess power seats are nice, but I never touched mine once I adjusted them to suit me. They also add unwanted weight and the rails are prone to wear, creating "slop". Plus, I was really never a big fan of what GM tries to pass off as "leather".
If I were the only driver for the car, I'd keep the Corbeaus, no question.
The things one does for love....*sigh*

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I'll certainly give this thread a bump, what a choice trade.

Patrick said:
Too bad your are in Hawaii. I'd love to swap my mint but lame factory seats for something that'll hold me in place while I do "Rockford Files" 180 degree turns.
Not to mention how much they'd brighten up the corporate office look.

Ummm red seats on Electron Blue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan, I wish someone in the islands felt the same way...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Patrick said:
Add some lap belts and tighten them as tight as you can, it works every time! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EFE Z06

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I would have traded my sport seats Steve,but after 4 1/2 years,i sold my car a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, Todd, that's a surprise. Didn't see that coming.
What did you replace her with?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still lookin'.....
Man, this is harder than I thought.:laughing:
Anyone?

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
New to the island and sorry, not interested in red seats.

Where and when do the Vettes get together around here??

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
EFI-4 said:
Still lookin'.....
Man, this is harder than I thought.:laughing:
Anyone?

Steve
Bro, I'd happily do the swap with my Z06 seats. They look like they have less than the 19k miles on them for sure. But, with my other car down at the moment, you'd have to send me your seats first, I do the swap, then ship right back. Otherwise if I pull the seats I'd have nothing to drive to the shipping store.:laughing:

Holler if you are interested.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Patrick said:
But, with my other car down at the moment, you'd have to send me your seats first, I do the swap, then ship right back. Otherwise if I pull the seats I'd have nothing to drive to the shipping store.:laughing:
Haven't you ever heard of milk carton containers, recycled newspaper bins or bean bags? Come-on Patrick, get a little creative when necessary! :laughing:

EFE Z06

1 - 14 of 14 Posts