Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the deal. A very good friend of mine recently had some financial problems and asked to borrow some money. I loaned him the money, and he did pay me back. He broke up with his girlfriend, and has recently started dating a new woman, who is quite well off. My friend is a car salesaman, and his past female troubles, along with his newfound female friend, distract him from taking care of business. Once again he asked to borrow money due to the "slow sales at the dealership." I am a subcontractor for this dealership, and know their sales have not been that far off. He has been on vacation with his new girlfriend twice in the past four weeks. In the same breath that he asked for a loan again, he also asked to borrow my 07 vette for a couple of days to, "see if she would like to buy one as a toy for us." :WTF Opinions please:D

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
1. Enjoy having a beer and talking cars, football, and women with your friend.

2. If his new g/f is cute, then enjoy the eye candy.

3. However, I'd tell him that he has to keep his paws off my Vette and my money!

Steven

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
sounds like hes trying to take advantage of you......let the girl ride around with you for a little while

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't do it! You have already done enough. It's not like these are the college years where nothing even matters. If the monkey has him caught up like that then he's a lost cause anyway. I lost a buddy over $500. He had a vette a bike and a new AMG Mercedes. I told him he needed to downsize. He told me I had 3 vehicles too but I told him 2 of them are paid for.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do it! You have already done enough. It's not like these are the college years where nothing even matters. If the monkey has him caught up like that then he's a lost cause anyway. I lost a buddy over $500. He had a vette a bike and a new AMG Mercedes. I told him he needed to downsize. He told me I had 3 vehicles too but I told him 2 of them are paid for.
Exactly:partyon: I didn't mind loaning him the money the first time because he was really in a bind. Now its like I'm financing his vacation time with his new girlfriend. I run my own business, and have only taken a two day vacation (to go to Bowling Green for the C5/C6 Bash this year) in the past year. The guy is 48 years old, and is obviously long overdue for growing up.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nah! that's too much!

I had a friend (still have).....He had a drought in the women department for some time.....I offered him the vett to make a Date with a girl go over a 'lil better......things did't go well with the girl and he decided to take it out on the vett.
:WTF

as you could imagine I wasn't too impressed:thud:

·
Registered
347 Posts
A moocher, find a new friend. But get your money back first :laughing:

·
Registered
759 Posts
NO!:spanked:NO!:spanked:NO!:spanked:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Exactly:partyon: I didn't mind loaning him the money the first time because he was really in a bind. Now its like I'm financing his vacation time with his new girlfriend. I run my own business, and have only taken a two day vacation (to go to Bowling Green for the C5/C6 Bash this year) in the past year. The guy is 48 years old, and is obviously long overdue for growing up.
Bro you sound like a really nice guy, but this guy is severly taking advantage of your goodwill, not right, he should be ashamed asking you for money after telling you about his (2) recent vacations, people like him take until the well runs dry very wrong, tell him to grow up and pay his own bills, as far as borrowing your Vette?? Hell what's next your house/bedroom when he gets kicked out for not paying his rent?

This guy although a friend has severely passed the line he has NO self respect misusing your frienndship to fund his vacations/fun time in a Car he doesn't own or pay the note on....Moooooocher....Cut him off bro...

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Just have him sign a contract (if you can spare the cash - and can risk losing it) - and charge interest.

He might think twice - and or at least you will get a ROI - and again - he'll think twice in the future because it isn't free money, and it might help save the friendship because it is all on the table (so to speak).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just tell him your Vette is covered through your Business insurance coverage and unfortunately no one other than you or a service centre can drive it.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Just have him sign a contract (if you can spare the cash - and can risk losing it) - and charge interest.

He might think twice - and or at least you will get a ROI - and again - he'll think twice in the future because it isn't free money, and it might help save the friendship because it is all on the table (so to speak).
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
When money is involved, I never ever loan friends or family money, generally only bad can come from it. Same with my Vette and motorcycle, other things I can understand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The money is one thing! But the vette is another! Even my wife has to beg for my keys to drive the vette. And I love her! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Don't do it!! :down: :down: :down:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts