·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,472 Posts
What's your first project?

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having kids means help is never far away..

There are a few bags of hardware..

So I enlisted the whole pit crew..

And the progress took off..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your first project?
first project is to print some type of army man or toy car shaped thing or something to keep these kids' interest peaked. And then I will probably start making some custom parts for either cars I work on at work and/or my 1/10 scale nitro r/c cars. But the main goal of this is to teach a skill to my children that will help them when they enter the workforce.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
But the main goal of this is to teach a skill to my children that will help them when they enter the workforce.
Yep, that's it. Blame the kids. I'm getting a drone just so I can teach the grandkids how to fly a GoPro. It's NOT REALLY for me at all......honey. It's for the kids. Honest.

Wiz, I've got to call BS.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's it. Blame the kids. I'm getting a drone just so I can teach the grandkids how to fly a GoPro. It's NOT REALLY for me at all......honey. It's for the kids. Honest.

Wiz, I've got to call BS.:laughing:
No man you, ...you got me all wrong. I'm doing it for the shorties, yo. ;)

And I am determined to get as far with this as I can, ... As WE can with the holiday weekend. ya.

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
That's a great thing to do - I get to play with this one at work. We use it to print prototype new product designs and fixtures.

Steven

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a great thing to do - I get to play with this one at work. We use it to print prototype new product designs and fixtures.

Steven

That's a little nicer than what I am working with, lol. how big of an item can you make with that? my tiny thing limits me to a 200mm cube max building size.

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
That's a little nicer than what I am working with, lol. how big of an item can you make with that? my tiny thing limits me to a 200mm cube max building size.
We can build within a 14X10X10 inch cube, but we really got it for the accuracy. We can do +/-0.0015"/inch with that unit.

Steven

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We can build within a 14X10X10 inch cube, but we really got it for the accuracy. We can do +/-0.0015"/inch with that unit.

Steven
This one is supposed to do .1mm or 0.0039" resolution. What software do you use to make item with and to slice item before printing?

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
didn't realize the amount of sides I had on this. I just made a craps-agon :rolling:..

That honeycomb structure it was making is strong as all get out, though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts