Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 68 so I have tried to slowly collect rare "extra" parts that might be damaged in a wreck or will eventually wear out. So I have the pieces for an extra car stored away in my basement. At this point I have too much stuff and it has spilled over into a spare bedroom. I think I have a problem:crazy:

Anybody else have this "condition"?

·
Registered
501 Posts
me...and every other vette owner that i know.

until it spills over into 'your' bedroom -- no problem...but i am running out of space elsewhere and that is a looming possibility here.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I'm building my collection! Of course.. I still have the t-4 tranny & Hurst Shifter from my 67 mustang.. the foglights and other parts from the 68 Mustang.. Decals I never put on my GTO.. and a large bin full of various automotive bolts that has really come in handy!

·
Registered
517 Posts
You definately have a problem.

Not enough storage room!

Whenever I've gotten rid of 'old stuff', sooner or later I regret it. Of course, that also goes hand-in-hand with the reality that you won't need/want that particular piece until 3 weeks after you finally got rid of it.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I have an early 68 so I have tried to slowly collect rare "extra" parts that might be damaged in a wreck or will eventually wear out. So I have the pieces for an extra car stored away in my basement. At this point I have too much stuff and it has spilled over into a spare bedroom. I think I have a problem:crazy:

Anybody else have this "condition"?

Its quite common among Vette owners. Its called cantdiscardaritus.:laughing:

The only solution is more storage space.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
I have all kinds of spare parts, heads, cams, engines, and transmissions sitting in my garage and attic! I can't pass up a good deal! What is junk to one guy is gold to me as far as GM performance parts are concerned.

I have a complete small block, big block, turbo 350, turbo 400, 2 Muncie 4-speeds, a 1 ton truck 5 speed o/d and many misc. parts all around. Even have several misc. wheels with tires stacked in the corner. A set of hooker header side pipes for big block leaned up in a corner of the garage. (I may have those re-coated for my Vette build, haven't decided)

The way I look at it, even if I can't use it, I can barter with it later for something I do need. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its quite common among Vette owners. Its called cantdiscardaritus.:laughing:

The only solution is more storage space.:laughing:
Do you know if there is a cure for cantdiscardaritus (or is it terminal):D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I finally got tired of stepping around and on things in my garage so I loaded it all up and took it to a swap meet and came home with a pocket full of money. After stepping around it for long enough, it really looses its luster to me. I was not ever going to reuse that stuff, I hope. :surprised :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,679 Posts
. I was not ever going to reuse that stuff, I hope. :surprised :laughing:

You really won't need it .

.............until next month

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
:thud:

I guess I'm guilty too. I just got back a 350 that I built in (I'm a little ashamed here) 1978. It was in the '73 z-28 I bought when I got out of high school. Same heads, intake, cam, and carb. Block is the same too, but bored .030 over now. Even has the same rocker covers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got a collection of sh1t :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts