Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you let anyone else drive your vette?

Was my wife’s daughter 20th birthday this past Saturday and she was joking and asked if she could drive the vert. I didn’t have a problem with it so I told her “why not”. At first she was scared but finally decided to drive the vert if her mother went. I put the top down and they both drove off. She came back and was all :D

This was Saturday and she talked to her mom this morning and is still talking about driving the vert.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I finally let the sister-in-law drive it after 4 years of her begging me. She loved it! :D I also let one of my friends take the vette for a spin after the cam and gears and he was wailing like it was an amusement park ride!!:laughing: :laughing: I think the fastest car he's owned is the 91 Firebird V6 he has now. We always talked about putting an 8 in there and now he wants to do a LS6 crate! :surprised :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I let my son, "notjustanotherredvette" drive mine. :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Frankly, I'm a different man then I was a few years ago.

Now it's...

Want to eat in the Vette? Go ahead.
Want to drink in the Vette? Go ahead.

Want to drive it? Just ask.

It's just a car, right? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I let my son drive my 98 coupe shortly after I got it back in 00 (of course with me in it. He was 20 at the time. he was all smiles and often asked to use it.:D Fortunately insurance wouldn't cover him so he couldn't or I wouldn't let him....so he launched a plan, on the way to the Chi Auto show in 02, he laid out a spread sheet showing me how he could pay for his own.
Bought his 00 in 4/02.

My wife drove my 98 for about 10 minutes right after I first got it, never so much as moved it or the new one even in the driveway, and daugher knows not to ask!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
All they have to do is ask, not rev past 6000 and keep it under 130 or so. Probably had 15 or so people drive it. Some with respect, most were balls to the wall.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bubblehead, and Patrick96lt4 have driven my ride.
I have let a few of my family members and some of my non-gearhead friends drive it (as long as they KNOW how to drive stick with some skill).

If you can't swap wives, you may as well swap Vettes!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
ZR_Don said:
Bubblehead, and Patrick96lt4 have driven my ride.
I have let a few of my family members and some of my non-gearhead friends drive it (as long as they KNOW how to drive stick with some skill).

If you can't swap wives, you may as well swap Vettes!
Yea, I drove ZR_Don's car...... he drove mine.... but my wife stayed in the GS! :surprised

·
Registered
108 Posts
My wife and I have a perfect arrangement. I make the payments and she drives the Vette. And they say the're the weaker sex!:huh:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
my wife is scared of it.shes says that she cant see over hood so she doesnt want to take the chance of hitting something.(i think that she is just a little overpowered by it)ha ha

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Patrick96LT4 said:
Frankly, I'm a different man then I was a few years ago.

Now it's...

Want to eat in the Vette? Go ahead.
Want to drink in the Vette? Go ahead.

Want to drive it? Just ask.

It's just a car, right? :thumbsup:
Patrick, I'll be over in twenty mintues. Get that baby ready. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts