Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today, was the first time i ever missed 3rd gear, never had this happen to me before. has anyone ever had this happen? embarressing.:down:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Don't worry about it if you have pushed a car to its limits you have missed a gear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go from driving a Muncie M-21 4 speed to one of these. LOTS of 1-2-5 changes especially when you are showing off!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yes. 3rd can be irritating. :down:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, well im glad im not the only one lol. i realized if you drive it like you hate it and throw it in 3rd it will go every time. that time when i missed 3rd i think i wasnt shifting hard enough, so i pulled back out of my sub and had to do it 2 more times before i went home.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I had the same issue until using the open hand method suggested by Olddog, works like a charm. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
My old man misses it every time I let him drive the '07. The other two Vettes he has ('74 and '84) are both autos, and he has no idea why I got a stick...

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
There does seem to be something up with 3rd. ...When pushing the car, it doesnt like it that much.. even more so than in the C5. I do use the open hand method, and whats really weird, is it doesnt just miss, it gets stuck inbetween the positions, and it feels like it's in third, but its not really. It's done it more than a few times, and everytime I lay off and try to find what spot I found on purpose and never can.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
i am sorry to ask. but, what is the open hand method???
Don't grab the shifter and try to steer it into 3rd, seems to hit the tweener, especially when, uh, you're really getting after it and the adreneline is high. If you hold it loose, open handed if you will, it goes in easier. Gee, that sounds kinda weird?:thud:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i see what your saying. nice and easy open hand. dont push as hard as you can?? ill have to try it tommorow. im waaaayyyy tooo drunk right now to :laughing: even attempt. lol.:laughing: :rolling: :partyon: :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts