Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering has anyone ever take a corvette through a car was !! and not a hand wash place ????

I can say not one of my many corvettes have !!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I use touchless carwashes between regualr washes but I always hand dry with Adam's Detail Spray. I do not use commercial car washes where the car is touched either by machine or hand washed with gritty towels.

:cheers:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
I love to hand wash my car...it just feels good!!:devil:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Love to run my hands over the curves.....and my girlfriend gets jealous so I have to then run my hands over hers... :laughing:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Too many variables for me to even consider doing this. Possible undercarriage damage due to clearance issues, the unknown effect of who-knows-how-clean rotating brushes on the paintwork, the various things that touch and bounce off the car to trigger the next stage in the wash process... No thanks, it's not worth the risk.

Besides, that one-on-one time between you and your Corvette when you hand-wash it is one of the best parts of the ownership mystique. It's not THE best, of course . . . that would be driving it to get it dirty enough to start all over again!

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
i would worry someone else would be touching my baby so NO WAY

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Heavens NO :surprised
Never:surprised
No Way:surprised
I'm done:laughing:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I use touchless carwashes between regualr washes but I always hand dry with Adam's Detail Spray. I do not use commercial car washes where the car is touched either by machine or hand washed with gritty towels.

:cheers:
:agree:
I hit up the touchless all the time. Its gotta be better then washing with a brush or mit, no matter how soft it is.

·
Registered
713 Posts
nope...never met someone who took his vette to an aoutomated car wash...:cheers:

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I have many times. I don't normally have time to wash it after it being in the rain, so I'll hit up a touchless car wash.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Touchless Carwash=Recycled water! YUMMY!:smack

·
Registered
96 Posts
CARWASH? You mean there are places that can wash a corvette!!! :down:

That is what my daughter is for. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I would never take a 32 year old car through an automated carwash......who knows what might fall off.......:rolling:

I did take it to one of those do-it-yourself bays the day after I got it and the high pressure rinse did horrible HORRIBLE things to my paint. It got all streaky and took lots of elbow grease to get them out..........Now everything is low pressure and by hand........and it has developed quite a bond between us;)

I love to hand wash my car...it just feels good!!:devil:
Is it wrong that this quote took me right to the gutter????????:huh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
While having a fit of brain farts I accidently went to a brushless car wash. I had just gotten a TPI installed and the ecm is mounted under the car...just where a high pressure blast of water would hit it through the gills. Car barked at me, then had it's own version of a brain fart... that's when all the plugs fouled. Now I use something called Dri-Wash 'n Guard. The car never gets wet anymore unless I drool or something. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts