Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to install wider splash guards on my Z06 to reduce rock chips, and I haven't seen any new posts on this. Anyone seen an aftermarket splash guard?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered and received a set of those, only to be told, too late that they do not fit the Z06. Sold them on to a C6 owner.

It does surprise me that there isn't a product out there.

Has anyone noticed the little stones that get caught in the rear panel gap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
little stones that get caught in the rear panel gap

I ordered and received a set of those, only to be told, too late that they do not fit the Z06. Sold them on to a C6 owner.

Try this link, I think it's what you are refering to.
no non supporting vendor links

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out that the S.C. parts splash gaurds fit only the C6, not the Z06. I'm amazed that after all the interest in these that they have not materialized. I did add the 3-M film, but the standard quarter panel sheet doesn't really do it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mark Glenn:

Thanks for the advice, those rocks have been annoying. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking for some front splash guards myself...no luck. Nakidparts and Apsis both have splash guards for C6 coupes & verts...but they will not work on C6 Z06. I can't believe nobody has anything to solve this problem yet. If you drive a C6 Z06 on the street or track...you will get rock chips anywhere down the side of the car...not just around the rear brake vent. I am still looking. :huh:

·
Registered
77 Posts

The stone issue is easily fixed with 3/4-inch weatherstripping placed inside the rear fenders closing the large gap you can feel in there from the top to the front. I also sealed the gap with clear silicone to keep 100% of the pebbles out. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts