Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just asked me how the market was... anyone getting any bargains out there? People willing to deal? He's in the midwest.

·
Registered
221 Posts
They seem to be around quite frequently around here. 84's are the best deal though as most people don't understand the crossfire. I'll probally be looking for another one by the end of the year. The cars keep me busy so I stay off the motocross track and my wife likes that:laughing:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
The few deals that I've seen recently have been just like its been for the last several years... spend a few more thousand for one with lower miles and in better condition and save yourself mucho headaches and $$$. I've also seen a few C4s priced at the "YEA RIGHT!" level. :rolleyes:

Nice snags js292 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree - a few more thousand for a better car is well spent. Though cheaper ones can be had, I just bought an '89 Burgundy convertible with 55k miles. Not cheap at $13k, but it's real nice inside and out.

And much cheaper than the '89 convertible for sale for $21k nearby. Yes, that one's got less than 20k miles, but an $8k premium is a lot.
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good deals

Picked up my 85 A4 Coupe 108k miles from my neighbor for $4800 with a fresh engine. Needed seat covers but not much else.:thumbsup:

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
Patrick said:
Someone just asked me how the market was... anyone getting any bargains out there? People willing to deal? He's in the midwest.
I picked up my Blk/blk '95 on 28 February for $14k here in NW Illinois (near Rockford).

48k miles
All original (I added CAGS eliminator)
Six speed
Sport seats
Passenger power seat
1SB package

I've been averaging 150 miles/week since then. There are less expensive Vette's out there, but I was willing to pay a premium to get an unmolested car that didn't need a lot of work.

Steven

·
Registered
130 Posts
7000.00 for mine bank repo. 65k 1st vette love it gets a lot of looks and the chicks dig it. Makes this 46 year old grandpa fell young again. It also makes a bad day at work better.

·
Registered
796 Posts
bought mine about 6 months ago, $5k, 89k miles at the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know you'll think it a little much but I picked up a 95 polo green convert with 28k in unbelivable shape for 19k. 6 speed, power pass seat,bose,all orig.

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
I know you'll think it a little much but I picked up a 95 polo green convert with 28k in unbelivable shape for 19k. 6 speed, power pass seat,bose,all orig.
Welcome to DC!

Actually, you were the one on the ground, inspecting the car, and making the financial committment. If the car doesn't need any massive repairs, then you probably are ahead of the game. I'd rather have a well cared for and well maintained C4 for $19k than a ragged out C5 at the same price.

The other best thing is that you actually HAVE THE CAR, and you aren't just in a continuous search mode. I know a guy that's looking for the perfect '89 coupe. He's got a list of requirements that read like an NCRS sheet, and he believes that he should be able to pay a bargain price. He's been looking for about three years now...

Enjoy the car, and we look forward to your pictures and postings over in the C4 Tech/General area!

Steven

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just bought my 93 M6 with 47K on the clock for 10.5... I dont think thats too bad!?

Joe

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Bought a '95 with 60k on the clock for 14k, complete maintenance with receipts up to date and a new set of tires with less than 100 miles on them and some C5 5 spoke replicas. Two owners, the original and the dealer who I bought it from, it was actually the dealer's personal car, real small dealership. Of course, I looked for well over 6 months to find an LT1 C4 in blue. Luckily I only had to drive just shy of 2 hours to pick her up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got a '84 for $4500, really nice shape.
It helps that both my dad and the previous owner are in the military, networking will help. Get to know people that know Corvettes, do things like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts