Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be installing my new custom grind cam and possibly doing some exhaust work in the form of an X-Pipe Ohh and I will also be getting rid of the old B&M short shifter and going back to the stocker.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
No plans this year, other then shocks, which I may hold off on because I have great weight transfer right now. If I can swing a set of HAL/QA1 shocks, I will go that route.

Other then that, no big plans just yet. I'll have to see how my finances work out this year.

P.S. Glad to see you made it to the new site. Hope to see you out for some drag racing with the Great Lakes Corvette Challenge.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And Tim wastes absolutely no time in responding :D

The Hals are kick azz shocks

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Chrome Z06 wheels, Baer rotors, power air duct, x-pipe and headers are planned mods for the spring and summer.

Guess it depends on the wife approving the funds because we are having a house built and that comes first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just put in a new cam but the snow came just as I finished. :(
It runs and idles nicely but I'll have to wait a couple of months to see if it picked up any speed.
I just got a set of polished GS wheels. :) Putting on longer studs when my garage warms up.
I put the HALs in last winter.... you won't regret it, they are great!

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
Just pulling my stock 350 and replacing with a MINIRAM II / 406, re-pinning the 85 ECM to newer..

I hope to be done by Memorial Day for some major cruising! :D

·
726 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im going to be installing my new custom grind cam and possibly doing some exhaust work in the form of an X-Pipe Ohh and I will also be getting rid of the old B&M short shifter and going back to the stocker.
I was thinking about putting in the B&M short shifter before the summer. What problems are you having with it? Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well, if cashflow allows, I would like to do a head/cam/ECM/header/rocker upgrade (mouthful huh? :laughing:) but we will see what happens. I'm nearing the end of a frame-off resto on my 72 chevy pickup, so funds are kind of tight right now...

·
726 Posts
WOW.. this is an OLD post..

SCruggs.. MVR sodl the C4 and has a C5 now.. the B&M is very short.. takes a bit more to shift. I found that the Hurst is perfect and should have been OEM in the car..
Sure is! My post was 3 intake manifolds and 3 engines ago!:laughing:

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW.. this is an OLD post..

SCruggs.. MVR sodl the C4 and has a C5 now.. the B&M is very short.. takes a bit more to shift. I found that the Hurst is perfect and should have been OEM in the car..
Thanks Jeff. I saw the hurst shifter in the zip catalog.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wow is this ever an old post :laughing:. I thought it seemed a bit early for a "before spring" post. I guess its a little late though, about four years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts