Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pretty cool trucks. I see them as just another garage queen type of vehicle though. Maybe I'll go out and test drive one this weekend since it's suppose to snow and report back on what I find :D

Z

·
0 Posts
KickAsp said:
Pretty cool trucks. I see them as just another garage queen type of vehicle though. Maybe I'll go out and test drive one this weekend since it's suppose to snow and report back on what I find :D
HeY kIcK aSp, nIcE riDeZ U gOtz. U MusT bEE rICH oR SumPTiN'?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I saw on the newstands a "10,000" mile torture test done by one of the auto mags.... I'll see if I can track it down.

I believe they drove this thing all over the world....

Of course, the old hummers are cool.... but start to look a little to much like a WWII jeep.

Patrick

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
fourthgencorvette said:
I have taken a ride in the H2. The brakes are not all that great as far as stopping distance goes.

Not my cup of tea as I have no need for an SUV.
Seems like we all need SUV's up here.

Can you drive your Vette year round? What part of the country are you from?

:D

B

·
0 Posts
I'd love to have one of them!

Slow as hell, crap brakes, crap gas milage, but hey you sure do look cool in one!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I know they're slow but there is always a Whipple Supercharger kit for the H2 that will add 120 HP to the crank. :D Not really worry about how quick it is as I just want one for winter. Also looking into the BMW X5, MB ML500, Range Rover, Caddy Escalade and the Porsche Cayanne (I know I know...the Porsche looks funny to some). :eek:

B

·
0 Posts
Boy I wish I had your $$$$$

If I did have your money, I would buy the H2 if it was just for winter. If it was for year round use, then I would go with the X5 4.6!!! The Porsche SUV is hideous!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BIG LAW MAN said:
The Porsche SUV is hideous!
:p :p :p :p :p
I might wait until next fall to purchase as there are only a few more months left for this winter and its almost time for the Vette to come out to play. :D
I was actually at MB Dealer today (Mark Motors in Arlington Hts) picking up my car and decided to looked at the ML500. I liked them. I'll look into the BMW X5 4.6 but I think the 4.4i is more realistic. :)

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I almost bought one last Thursday. As stated before, very nice ride, better than my ML and I thought the acceleration was ok. They run on regular unleaded. None of the dealers want to move on prices, sticker plus dodads they have added.
Naperville Jeep/Hummer had/has about 13 in stock as did Woodfield Chevy. Weil in Libertyville has in excess of 30!

You won't find Naperville on GMBUYPOWER.COM but depending on zip code will find anyone else. You can view the stickers and see what equipment they have. Naperville would have had a deal except the wanted to give me about 4k less than they should for my MB.

Remember if you title this in a biz name, you may be able to take an additional 30% "bonus" depreciation as a capital purchase. And I have also heard that there is an additional 15%? depreciation cause of the weight of it also. Check with your accountant!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info. It will be on the biz account for the incentive /subsidy(the only reason why I'm even looking into a 6000lbs+ SUV...LOL).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts