Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Lingenfilter hood last September and am trying to get it painted at A local GM bodyshop.
When I brought my car to the Shop to get the hood painted the underside along the outside of the bottom of the hood, there were several cracks in the glass that were found.
The Manager told me they could repair those areas and V them out and lay down new glass.

I called the manufacturer of the hood (Starcraft) and told them about the situation since the hood has a 3 year warranty. They agreed to pay to have the hood fixed. Now the bodyshop doesnt know if they want to even mess with the hood as In his words, "I have the car all hopped up". His major concern was vibration going thru the hood and it cracking again once its painted, and having me come back to complain.

I am curious if anyone else has this hood and has had any similar problems with its mold?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Personally I've never had good luck with Dealer Bodyshops

I would think a good shop in your area could handle it.
or tell you the hood is not of good quality
probably for less $ too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have another bodyshop lined up if this one doesnt want to paint it. You would think the bodyshop would tell you they dont want to mess with it in the beginning. But instead they give me a quote, have me drop the car off, and then say there not sure.:crazy:

·
Registered
956 Posts
If they're not confident about their ability to do the job, that should tell you something. However, you at least have to give them credit for being up front about it.

I'd take it somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts