Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS has 3 years of towel scratches on it. But, my low-speed orbital buffer and 3M 39009 can't as much as make a dent on these. Even though they are hardly even noticable in the first place.

Anyone have a Porter Cable polisher? Does it make a big difference?

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I just have a off brand buffer. If you are cleaning up cars, I will have mine there in a couple of days. Might be tricky getting back home without getting it dirty. Second thought, why don't you just come over!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B66vette said:
I just have a off brand buffer. If you are cleaning up cars, I will have mine there in a couple of days. Might be tricky getting back home without getting it dirty. Second thought, why don't you just come over!:thumbsup:
No way! And get MINE dirty on the way home?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
:laughing: :laughing:
You could ship it back & forth & let the UPS truck get dirty!!
:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Patrick, Have you looked into a refurbished unit? We (company) needed a drill from them last year, got a refurbished unit complete with warranty...saved some $$.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've had mine for years!! Very easy to use and will cut some scratches but not as quick as a high speed buffer. But, you don't have to worry about burning thru the clear as easy either. The last one I bought about a year ago when I was a detail mgr at a Toyota dealership was at Lowes for $109. Cheapest I've seen!!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a Porter Cable random orbital a while back from http://www.coastaltool.com

The 3M 39009 is pretty mild stuff, and it often doesn't put much of a dent into towel scratching that isn't extremely minor. I really like Menzerna polishes, their Intensive and Final Polishes work better than any of the 3M and Meguiars polishes I have used.

If you're looking for something more readily available, Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish works great with a PC.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DsC5 said:
I got a Porter Cable random orbital a while back from http://www.coastaltool.com

The 3M 39009 is pretty mild stuff, and it often doesn't put much of a dent into towel scratching that isn't extremely minor. I really like Menzerna polishes, their Intensive and Final Polishes work better than any of the 3M and Meguiars polishes I have used.

If you're looking for something more readily available, Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish works great with a PC.
Thanks! It's my winter project to get the paint perfect again.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts