Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and searching. GM no longer produces them so many of the vendors who list them on line confirm they can no longer get them. It is GM Part #10409258.

2004 C5.

If anyone knows of any reputable salvage shops, that would also work, however I'm 0-3 in finding a nice one. Most of them are pretty worn.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not buy one and paint it yourself?
That's my second option. I currently have my OEM black set, however depending on how far I go with the Mod Red theme, I might keep the speaker grills black or swap them out for red. I already found a new driver's side red grill, however no such luck on the passenger side.

Have you painted these before? If so, what brand paint did you use - anything that match GM Torch Red or actual GM Torch Red?

Due to the holes in the speaker grills, I don't want to blotch up and ruin them. Someone also suggested that I paint them from the inside as well.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I would use one of the many automotive touch-up paint websites and have the paint matched there using your VIN or paint code. They will mix it and send it to you in a aerosol can. If you keep the can back far enough, you won't cover the holes. It is easier to paint a light color one than it is to do a black one.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try the Corvette Shop and Supplies up here in Tampa
Thanks. I stopped in the shop on Dale Mabry and they only had one, pretty beat up, red speaker grill. They also suggested I use the GM paint code mix from Corvette America.

I was hoping to simply find a LH side grill so I have the option of going with black and/or red.

Sort of pisses me off the GM has already discontinued parts for a 6 year-old car! :WTF

·
Registered
76 Posts
the actual color of the red grill is a little off from torch red, so you will need to find a suitable paint and it must be flat, not gloss...very few red paints in an aerosol come is flat...good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts