Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: I was just wondering if anyone made it to Myrtle Beach this weekend for the burn-out contest and car show. I won the burn-out again this year. Two years in a row now. Personally, I feel I could have done better, but I won and that's all that counts. It rained most of saturday during the show, but they still had over 200 corvettes show up which was great. 136 the night before at the burn-out contest. Unfortunately I have no video because our video camera decided to take a crap at that moment. But I did get a few still pictures I can post. I'll try to get them downloaded soon.:devil:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I made it to the show on Sat. Considering the rain it was a great turnout! Got to meet up with Par4nut and checkout the yellow rocket! I checked out your car driley but you werent around.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Tell us what does it take to win the burn out contest two years in a row?

Congrats and you must go thru more tires than I do.

·
Registered
796 Posts
We were there, and Mendy and I had a great time. Friday night was a blast and yes Doug, you killed them in the burnout contest. By far the best of the night. I got the chance to speak with you briefly on Saturday and both Mendy and I really admired the Vette, especially the engine compartment. It looked fanatastic. Keep up the good work brother.

:partyon:
Reid.........aka Par4nut

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan,
I'm really sorry I missed you. I was so looking forward to meeting some of the guys from DC. I didn't even realize I was parked beside PAR4NUT until you all wrote your threads. The turn out was amazing for the weather conditions. Glad you made it. :buhbye:

iburk,
:devil: It takes just what my signature says: DRIVEM' LIKE YOU STOLEM'.
And also an old take-off set of rims and tires. I have four that was on the car originally. I now have 17's on my car, but I kept the factory ones just for this.:devil:

PAR4NUT,
:D Thank you very much for the nice comments about my car. I did all the work myself and have spent many hours on appearance. I have pretty much rewired the whole engine compartment to get it to look like it does. I didn't even realize I was parked next to your car, or that we had talked. I wish you would have told me you were a member of DC. Your car looks fantastic. Did you win a trophey at the show? I didn't, but I think I have been kind of blackballed by my local corvette club because I dropped out of the club. Lots of beautiful vettes there though, it is really hard to pick just a few out of them. I love them all.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
796 Posts
You know, I was wondering why you didn't pick up a trophy. I was fortunate this time and came home with first in class but I was really worried about your Vette. To be honest I think you had me covered, but now I understand why. Hopefully we will see each other again somewhere and I will be sure to properly introduce myself.

Save the Wave,
Reid......aka Par4nut

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, I was wondering why you didn't pick up a trophy. I was fortunate this time and came home with first in class but I was really worried about your Vette. To be honest I think you had me covered, but now I understand why. Hopefully we will see each other again somewhere and I will be sure to properly introduce myself.

Save the Wave,
Reid......aka Par4nut
Reid,
There is a car show in Georgetown SC for Harbourfest on june 23rd if you are interested. I'm planning on going so if you decide to go, look me up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Myrtle "rain" Beach

My wife and I were there, we loved it. Great burnout at SBB almost as good as the bikes at bikeweek. Car shows are ok. I just like Vetts, its fun just to get together and look at all the cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts