Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get rid of all the excess junk in the engine compartment. So far i have dumped the clutch fan for a flex-a-lite set up. Just removed the AIR pump this morning. Now i want to get rid of the AC system.

It doesn't cool, and in the year or so i have owned it, i have never really missed it.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

:buhbye:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got ride of mine too love all the extra room so easy to work on or mod the engine now just start removing one piece at a time .I took a piece of alumium and made a new fire wall panel plane on modifing some kind of fan just haven't got that far yeat.

Be shure to remove the condensor in front of your regular radiator this will greatly improve cooling..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
That depends if you remove the evaprator that big piece that sits on the passenger side fire wall that the hoses come out of.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That piece looks like it will be the toughest. Looks like its paritally rivited in place and what bolts i do see are going be tough to get to. But if i'm gonna yank it, might as well yank it all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats what I thought most off the bolts you can get with a 1/4 drive rachet the ones on the bottom will be the hardest I think I broke mine in two to get it off .

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It's a PIA but doable. It took about 2 hours on my 72 for a 100% removal. I was able to get at the bottom bolts by taking my side vents off. You may have to put her up on ramps or jacks, but that's no biggee.

Upcoming winter I plan to install the Hot Rod Air unit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
if you do rip it apart and want to get rid of some stuff let me know..maybe we can trade or i'll buy things from you..? i keep my '81 stock and the a/c will freeze your nose off, but it's always good to have extra parts just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts