Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this '71 C3 at Bloomington Gold. Did anyone else see this V-6 vette?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I raced him in Elk Grove ... jeesh... 5 years ago?

It was a dyno day, and he was leaving, I had my black 96LT4 and he left me like he was shot out of a cannon.

Sounded like a V8. Nice guy, cool car.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car was for sale.I just don't remember how much he was asking

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
My old shop used a CTS V as a test mule and then swapped in a Buick 6 turbo and the thing turned low 11's on DRs...those little engines are baddddd.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yup - SinisterC6, Stingin' 76 and I walked right up to it.

The motor looked really nice.

There was a sheet on the window, and if I remeber correctly it said 600HP and 5??lbs of torque....something like that....

But anyway nice motor - but nothing stood out about the car itself...(other then the motor) :thumbsup: :devil:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I took a look at that car also. It looked well done, but something about the straight six yelled '53 corvette and Im not a big fan of the concept. I dont remember the price either, i remember it being a good deal though.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I believe that is a V6, not a straight 6 ;)

"Buick Turbo heads".

I remember when NASCAR was using the V6 for Busch racing. They were damn fast and reportedly pretty cheap to build/maintain. But the crowds didn't like the sound of the V6. So it was back to the mousemotor.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I saw it and thought that the install itself was the coolest thing about the car. The whole concept, not to mention the proffesionalism of it was really impressive. However, if I was going to be driving a turboed Buik V6, it would have to be in a GNX body.......that car is bad ass.

Judging by this link, the odds of me having one are very VERY slim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-GNX-1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-GNX-NO-475-235-MILES_W0QQitemZ270131213122QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw it and thought that the install itself was the coolest thing about the car. The whole concept, not to mention the proffesionalism of it was really impressive. However, if I was going to be driving a turboed Buik V6, it would have to be in a GNX body.......that car is bad ass.

Judging by this link, the odds of me having one are very VERY slim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Grand-National-GNX-1987-BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-GNX-NO-475-235-MILES_W0QQitemZ270131213122QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I'm with you Jason!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We have expensive taste :laughing:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
No ****!

1967 Corvette 427........too expensive
AC Cobra.....................too expensive
Buik GNX......................too expensive

1976 Corvette L-48........just right...........and KICKASS:partyon:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
That car is so cool. Also, 27 is my number.

Me, both my parents, and one grandparent from each side were born on the 27th. I got married on the 27th. Every sport I have ever played I have been #27. I was 27 years old when I got my Vette......It is a good number.

I guess I will have to buy that car.:laughing:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Did anyone see, or get a picture of the red C6 that had white coves painted on it like a C1?

That car was badddddddassssssssss

·
DC Crew
3,081 Posts
I Love The Cheetahs I Still Have A Full Size Blue Print Of The Cheetah > I Even Bought A 1965 Frame For It > It Was In My Moms Back Yard For Years Till She Called A Junk Man To Pick It Up ! About That Time Fell In Love With Too Many Girls !! [ Well One ] Or My Wild Hand Cant Remember That Far Back !!

Back To That Car I Did See It Dont Think It Sold>> It Was Still In The For Sale Parking Lot Sunday Afternoon >
Did See A Corvette Sell For $1750.00 I Think A 1984?? C4 Kind Of Crappy And Water Mold Inside But It Ran >>

·
DC Crew
3,081 Posts
NUMBER 27 WHERE ARE YOU ????????????????????????

ITS LIKE CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU ???????:rolling:

NOTHING HAPPEN TO ME WITH A # 27 SO THE NUMBER IS ALL YOURS JASON

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw a group of original Cheetah cars at one of the Chicago Chevy Vettefests. I would have to lose about 150 pounds to be able to climb into one :surprised
They make the cockpit of a Corvette look like a spacious luxury car. :laughing: I've got a DVD of a road test of one by that guy with the big handlebar moustache. AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts