Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 12" wide rims on the back of my C6 with Michellin pilot Sport runflats.......345-19s...."Viper Tires". I drag race...not much road racing. I don't think I have any better traction with the wider tires. The original run flats may have been better??? Anybody have any luck with any other tires? I want to keep "run flats" on the car because I take it on long cruises.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
BAADC6 said:
I just installed 12" wide rims on the back of my C6 with Michellin pilot Sport runflats.......345-19s...."Viper Tires". I drag race...not much road racing. I don't think I have any better traction with the wider tires. The original run flats may have been better??? Anybody have any luck with any other tires? I want to keep "run flats" on the car because I take it on long cruises.
just went12.062 et at 116.72 mph on the stock run flats no spin:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,300 Posts
I went to the 325 GY RFs and Koni shocks:thumbsup: My car hooks very good now. I can spin with throttle in first but I can also put it on the edge and roll out. :smokin:

The GYs are much better than the Bridgestone NRF 505s I tried IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
midnite902.......do you have part #s/ cost for the koni shocks. Are the new shocks stiffer or do they compress more easily allowing the car to "squat" when leaving the line? Thanks for the info.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
BAADC6 said:
dennis50nj.....what mods do you have.....awesome time for stock tires:cheers:
BAADC6 its a o5c6a4 z51 kooks long tube headers highflow cats corsa sport vararam and spacer tune
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have similar mods....kooks long tube, high flow cats,X pipe, flowmaster exhaust, Breathless performance intake and tune. Best time stock was 12.88 and with headers 12.57. I put 4.10 gears in with intentions of doing heads/cam. The 4.10s were probably a mistake??? That was the old high school "hot Rodder" mentality in me....you'd think 20+ years later I'd be older and wiser?? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention mine is a 6 speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,300 Posts
BAADC6 said:
midnite902.......do you have part #s/ cost for the koni shocks. Are the new shocks stiffer or do they compress more easily allowing the car to "squat" when leaving the line? Thanks for the info.....

$230 each from forum vendor 21st Century Musclecars.

Soft and harder at the same time. Hooks very well. They are 2 way adjustable. They come set to Lingenfelter recommended settings
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
BAADC6 said:
I have similar mods....kooks long tube, high flow cats,X pipe, flowmaster exhaust, Breathless performance intake and tune. Best time stock was 12.88 and with headers 12.57. I put 4.10 gears in with intentions of doing heads/cam. The 4.10s were probably a mistake??? That was the old high school "hot Rodder" mentality in me....you'd think 20+ years later I'd be older and wiser?? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention mine is a 6 speed.

Just curious, why do you feel that the 4.10s were a mistake? I am going to be purchasing a complete, built rear in the next week or two and can't decide between 3.90s and 4.10s...???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe not a big mistake:laughing: The car is harder to launch and it hits redline very quickly. When I originally put the gears in I was thinking of a Cartek stage II head/cam setup......that would raise my redline to 7000rpm which would help? I may just have to practice the launches:lookinup: I'd talk to other guys with gears and see what they also think. I'm not taking the 4:10s out any time soon. I do have fun on the street with them.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top