Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang,
Thinking of doing my mirrors, wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
I haven't used any but to me it looks like it would be hard to wrap something like a mirror in the vinyl with all the complex and tight curves especially taking the mirror out to wrap the edges without any wrinkles. 5 mil thickness might work and for the price it might be worth it to try. If you get it let us know how it works out

·
Registered
157 Posts
Waiting for some right now that I have on order. Going to try to do the side scoops on my 911 TT

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waiting for some right now that I have on order. Going to try to do the side scoops on my 911 TT
Kool, let me know how it goes. I was watching a couple vids on youtube, the stuff looks pretty easy to work with. Im thinking of doing the mirrors with qa single piece so theres no seem. Theres a good vid how to make a seam if you need to make one. If it works out good, we'll do the 535xi TT, and the other cars too.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't used any but to me it looks like it would be hard to wrap something like a mirror in the vinyl with all the complex and tight curves especially taking the mirror out to wrap the edges without any wrinkles. 5 mil thickness might work and for the price it might be worth it to try. If you get it let us know how it works out
I'll do a little install thread with some pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
i think that i am going to needs seems on the scoops, do you have the links to the how too vid?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think that i am going to needs seems on the scoops, do you have the links to the how too vid?
Here another one. Not sure when i'll get a chance to do mine. Working on dropping the 535xi, the front will be this friday, need some more info on the rear as its a self level (air bag) suspension. I'll do my mirrors after thats done, then my interior.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sorry to bring back old thread... Did you do it at last, or you gave up on it?

Anyone with wrapping on their mirror or hood, please show me some pictures.
Are these wraps resistant to stone chips?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thanks.. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts