Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up, I was wondering if anyone here has a C5 TT Setup puting out around 1k hp? I am looking to sell my C6 and go with a C5, I'm gonna swap the engine and put in an Iron truck block probably an LQ9 and modify it from the inside out, starting with a lunati 427 stroker kit, and all the essential too much to list, but my major concern is what kind of compression will I have to run to avoid detonation with around 93 octane, and looking at maybe stage 3 twins.I know it has to be low for the turbos. but how low?.. maybe around 8 to 1? If anyone has this kind of setup please give me some input, all will be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FReaKyJeRoeN said:
I came across this one, figured to let ya know:thumbsup:
WOW!! $99,500???? that's a litte bit out of my price range, I could by a 06' Z06 and a C5 for that price or even a SS when it comes out. I know lingenfelter performs but it's way too expensive for me. Thanks for the link but I was only looking to put in about 20K.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
FastDreamZ06 said:
WOW!! $99,500???? that's a litte bit out of my price range, I could by a 06' Z06 and a C5 for that price or even a SS when it comes out..

YEa but they wouldn't add up to 1000hp.:laughing:
COntact 21st century muscle cars and ask about the package. That price is for that car. The package would be cheaper if you provide the car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
raidmagic said:
YEa but they wouldn't add up to 1000hp.:laughing:
COntact 21st century muscle cars and ask about the package. That price is for that car. The package would be cheaper if you provide the car.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I know it was the price for the car and I already checked, a package like that... not even 1k hp around 750 or so is 45K and you can definetly get 1k hp from $20K if you do the work yourself..... I didn't want to add 1K hp.... that would just be crazy:drink: even buyin an 04 Z06 with only 3K miles will run you around 35K... so that mean the package is still around 64K.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P.S.

I know this isn't the right forum but does anybody know how to make it so you can play dvd's on the C6 in dash dvd navigation, I mean there's got to be some kind of hack or reprogramming you can do, can anyone find this and let us all know?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, 64k then add wider rims and tires, bigger brakes, larger radiator and oil cooler, heavy duty clutch, upgraded tranny and driveline parts, should I go on....Trust me I know.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just remember

that at 1k you are going to have to get better brakes and suspension and well as rubber to keep the power down to the road. Not to mention coolers to keep the car from overheating as well as an appropriate rear and tranny.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
FastDreamZ06 said:
what's up, I was wondering if anyone here has a C5 TT Setup puting out around 1k hp? I am looking to sell my C6 and go with a C5, I'm gonna swap the engine and put in an Iron truck block probably an LQ9 and modify it from the inside out, starting with a lunati 427 stroker kit, and all the essential too much to list, but my major concern is what kind of compression will I have to run to avoid detonation with around 93 octane, and looking at maybe stage 3 twins.I know it has to be low for the turbos. but how low?.. maybe around 8 to 1? If anyone has this kind of setup please give me some input, all will be appreciated, thanks
what kinda boost pressure are you looking at running?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VeTTeMaNC486 said:
don't know yet, I'll have to see how it runs at each level then work from there, and it also depends on the engine internals..... what ever it will take

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VeTTeMaNC486 said:
I see on your signature too you have a fairly low compression for a 383, do you plan on boosting it in the future? if so what kind of boost are you gonna run for a 9.5:1?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
21st Century Muscle Cars has done a few. Unless you were building a track car, I'm not sure I get the point of of that much power on the street . . . but there's a lot of things I don't get. :laughing: Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
you might call J.R. Granatelli in Oxnard. He has a TT corvette that puts 900+on the ground. Try granatelli motor sports. Very very nice guy.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Even if you do all of the work yourself, you are probably looking at $20k in motor, and another $20-30k into the tranny, drivetrain, brakes, suspension, etc. Without that, I guesstimate a 99.99999% chance of either breaking or dying within 24 hours of driving. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
tube turbo manifolds are more prone to cracking (usually due to an unsupported turbo or the turbo wacking into something with engine movement) and they're far less reliable when compared to a cast manifold, an aftermarket cast manifold will also perform comparibly to a tubular design and will keep more heat in the system allow for slightly faster spooling times and this is also an advantage with cat light off times

on a rear mount setup i would recomend heads and an exhaust but i also suggest keeping the exhaust diameter fairly small to keep veolicity and heat in the system to spool the turbo(s) up faster

if it were me i would just keep the c6 (you already have it and know the quarks about it) and turbo it with the aps system (daily driver reliability, mileage, and performance all in one with the power just being a tap of the peddle away)

side note- hp performance makes their own kits and are in no way (that im aware of) assciated with aps, i would suggest them or aps though as they have the cleanest looking and pretty well performing kits, i also like the build quality from what i have seen from hp and i know aps does good work for the wrx crowd

·
Registered
121 Posts
its a bit much IMO but i would rather do the work myself and use the money i have left over to build an even faster car....

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree 100%

SOUTHPAW said:
Even if you do all of the work yourself, you are probably looking at $20k in motor, and another $20-30k into the tranny, drivetrain, brakes, suspension, etc. Without that, I guesstimate a 99.99999% chance of either breaking or dying within 24 hours of driving. ;)
If you have 1000hp then you will need to add an oil, tranny and rear diff cooler. You will create such great lateral Gs that you will also need a pressurized oil system. You will then need to rebuild and re-inforce the tranny and rear end as well as using a stage 3 clutch. You will also need some serious suspension mods to keep the front from lifting 6 feet in the air. You will also need to stiffen and reinforce the chasis. Not to mention a good set of brakes. You don't need to do all of that but if you don't your car will break. Why do you think that the Lingenfelters with 1000hp are $150k and up. Not because of the brand but because it takes a lot of money to prep a car for 1000hp. Personally, unless you are drag racing that is too much HP which you could never get to the ground anyways.

·
Registered
121 Posts
at 150mph the NHRA also requires use of a chute and you'd have to tie that into a cage and you'll need a helmet, fire suite and fire supresion system... thers a lot more but thats just the start of a long line of safety mandates

1 - 19 of 19 Posts