Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at different options for side exhaust both factory and nonfactory style, and I came across the oversized factory style offered by sweet thunder. Anyone have any experience with these or know what the difference in performance gains for a stock 72 small block would be between these and the hooker style? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've heard the big block suffers from the small sidepipes, but probably wont have much of an effect on the small block.
I put the sweet thunders on my LS conversipon. Main result is I can hear my radio and normal conversation in the car even with the top down. They have a nice idle rumble without the ear splitting noise of the originals on the hiway.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Here's a video of Sweet Thunders on my 80' with a 383 stoker engine. It was taken with a cell phone, so it's not the best quality. I need to make an updated video, she's all together now.

I first put these on with my stock engine (inside diameter is 2 1/4" I believe), but now there is a huge improvement :laughing: It did make a difference when I replaced the stock exhaust with headers and sidepipes on my stock engine, but that engine was weak to begin with. I'm sure if I changed it to a 3" dual exhaust it would add some power. But the Sweet Thunders definitely gives a nice, loud, unique sound that draws attention! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts