Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got Dyno Tuned Today

Hello gang,

Just got back from having my dyno tune done using LS1 Edit & a Dyno Dynamics Chassis Dynamometer.

Here are the figures

405.7hp
410.4tq

But it’s true what people say about dyno numbers..... They don't mean squat. I really feel the difference on the road... it’s smooth, very responsive and boy does it make me smile. One of their test drivers compared the cars overall dynamics to a MR400 Evo VIII (a complement I think)

The performance shop itself deals with Porsche's, TVR's, EVO's, and Subaru's mainly but the only engine outside that that they deal with is the LS derivative. They have an LS1 pushing 650hp and an LS2 pushing 700hp using APS TT kits.

Whilst speaking to the guys about future mods they said the only real way to go was TT. (I’d already decided not to go down the supercharged route) but the only thing is the noise.... I love the roar my vette makes, a TT kit will surely muffle the sound???

I like the sound of the STS kit but the guys said the APS stuff was far superior... what do you guys think... the other option is a 200BHP WON progressive nitrous kit (far far cheaper)????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
check engine light's come on :-(

throwing these codes:

P0133
P0153
P1133
P1153
C0563
B0502
B0507
B2647

·
Registered
618 Posts
code throwing is a part of tuning. It usually occurs because various compoments are now being stressed far beyone what they were bfore the tune. I suggest taking the car back to the tuner and having it "fine tuned"

this link is for 97 vettes, but most of the codes apply to all C5s

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewforum38.php

Oh an for future performance mods, I reccomend STS rear mounted turbos. They're a farily simple install for a TT systems that can usually be done on a rack without engine removal or plumbing problems. Rear moutns also allow the use of your headers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
code throwing is a part of tuning. It usually occurs because various compoments are now being stressed far beyone what they were bfore the tune. I suggest taking the car back to the tuner and having it "fine tuned"

this link is for 97 vettes, but most of the codes apply to all C5s

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewforum38.php

Oh an for future performance mods, I reccomend STS rear mounted turbos. They're a farily simple install for a TT systems that can usually be done on a rack without engine removal or plumbing problems. Rear moutns also allow the use of your headers.
Thanks man i'm gonna have to make a trip to the tuner again.

did you say i can keep my LG Pros????? wooo hooo

·
Registered
502 Posts
jasobhrai, those are some great numbers. Are you using stock heads/cam? I don't see that in your mods.

klrbee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts